Q14, mc (1 Viewer)

sinophile2

HSC
N/A
The bunny rabbit question, What was the answer? I narrowed it down to either Punctuatued equilibrium or divergent evolution.

akim93

HSC
it's punctuated equilibrium because there was a rapid change
If it was divergent evolution, there would have to be more than 1 species??
anyway i think it's punctuated

Pyrokinetic

HSC
It was clearly Punctuated Equilibrium.

Multiple Choice answers are always about the 'most correct' option; sure the diagram shows divergent evolution, but it also provides us information regarding the numerous generations that the orginal species remained unchanged for, as well as indicating the generation that contained a mutation in its population and then finally the mutation becoming the dominant variant species in the next immediate generation.

Since it shows
1) Dominant variant species changed over time (divergent evolution)
2) Original species remained unchanged for a total of ____ generations, before the dominant variant within the popuation evolved in 1 single generation

Therefore punctuated equilibrium ftw. :ninja:

Pain

I am Jack's wasted life.
HSC
It was clearly Punctuated Equilibrium.

Multiple Choice answers are always about the 'most correct' option; sure the diagram shows divergent evolution, but it also provides us information regarding the numerous generations that the orginal species remained unchanged for, as well as indicating the generation that contained a mutation in its population and then finally the mutation becoming the dominant variant species in the next immediate generation.

Since it shows
1) Dominant variant species changed over time (divergent evolution)
2) Original species remained unchanged for a total of ____ generations, before the dominant variant within the popuation evolved in 1 single generation

Therefore punctuated equilibrium ftw. :ninja:
I don't think it is punctuated equilibrium..
Rapid periods of evolution refer to THOUSANDS OF YEARS.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)