Q...! (1 Viewer)

lazychic

** hOnEy_mELdeW **
well i know this shud b in the english area but not many look there :p

my Q is... do we need to know abt all the texts in the change booklet??

cos cos..my teacher said that there's a chance that they mite ask u to refer to all the texts in the booklet..
~~tru or false or dunno?~~

and i dont wanna learn all the texts in depth cos its too many...and i'd b pissed..if i did that and we only had to know atleast 2 texts..or sumthing..:rolleyes:

sooooo..... any1 know?.. reply asap! plz! :D :D

Will

HSC
N/A
in the inside cover it says we're required to learn _one_ of the texts.

Sam

samboh
HSC
you have a know at least one...but it will be a help to know all...as it will be required in your paper 1 area of study section where u'll have to talk about change...so yeh if you know the majority of them you can give examples and back up what you say!

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A
Its highly unlikely they will specify a text, such as in Donne, however as mentioned its good to know about 3 so that you can relate it to the question

lazychic

** hOnEy_mELdeW **
but the thing is.. i only wanna really learn 2..in depth..

but my teachers tellin me that we need to know all of them.. but my teachers like :rolleyes: :rolleyes: yeh.. so as u c thats y i posted this thread..

so we dont need to know all of them?

SkAnDi

HSC
I gambled for my trial, and ended up doing *ok* i guess.

I'm focusing on 1, 2a/2b, and 3.

They seem to be the more simplistic ones that can be easily turned around into any argument.

Ironically, their simplistic nature is disadvantagous to a higher level form of discussion. Not as much to work with :(

lazychic

** hOnEy_mELdeW **
Originally posted by SkAnDi

I'm focusing on 1, 2a/2b, and 3.

haha.. 2a/2b..

truganini's a chic!!! hahahaha :D only found that out the other day haha..

anywayzz... my Q hasn't been answered!!.. any1 actually read the Q..i'm askin??

SkAnDi

HSC
There's always a chance they'll specify.

My teacher always says "know it all" but the majority of us end up gambling anyway.

It would be insane to learn them all.

I mean, who learns the fractals one anyway?

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
There was a trial paper floating around last year that specified two Changing texts to be referred to in the response.

The idea is that you know all of them so that you can write something about them if you have to, and then focus on having a particularly in-depth knowledge of two of them, so that you'll be benefited if the question allows you to choose.

lazychic

** hOnEy_mELdeW **
specified? :eek:

okzz...well i know all of them anywayz xcept text 2a/2b..

text 2a/2b is jus :rolleyes: :rolleyes: so i'll leave that one out.. unless i hav time :D

so so.... same fo bruce dawe- consumerism...know all da 6 poems? (std eng)

Weisy

the evenstar
HSC
My teachers have always told me that it is probably best to only know one in detail.

This may seem risky, but I really don't think it is, because:

(1) As Will pointed out, the thing itself says we only need to know one. This means that any HSC paper cannot ask you to refer to more than one.

(2) Even if you do know more than one, why refer to them, if you can help it? A focus of the course is to study in addition a range of texts relevant to change from a wide variety of sources. A standard change question will ask for reference to the set text (usually 3 aspects, or at least 2 poems for Harwood), 1 text from the stimulus booklet and a variety of related texts. In the forty minutes that one has in the exams to write the bloody thing (extendable to an hour, compromising creative task :)), there's hardly enough time to do the set text, one from the stimulus booklet and three relevant texts taken from different sources, let alone a number of additional texts from the stimulus booklet as well!

:)

Dario

HSC
It is always the prescribed text, ONE text from the stimulus booklet and a variety of related texts.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)