Q to Q annoying questions (1 Viewer)

studybuddy09

HSC
I just need some help with questions like these three:

1. Assess the significance of the hydrogen spectrum to Bohr's model of the atom (like i know its important but can you give me an example of how you would word this please)

2. Assess the contributions of Heisenberg and Pauli to atomic theory (Success One has a terrible answer to this and I really don't know what kind of depth they are expecting in the exam!)

3. General question on the standard model (I really don't get what your meant to say, i know all the names and how they all fit in the flow chart, but how the hell do you answer a question about it?)

Sorry that I'm not being very descriptive with the last one, its just I really don't know what they will ask. These three are kind of the last things I need to know how to answer, i feel like i have everything else relatively understood! :jump:

Freshman

HSC
hydrogen spectrum to bohrs model..

well the spectrum couldnt be described by the previous model, rutherfords, which only had electrons orbitting in the one orbit.

if u look at balmer's and ryberg's (or whatever his name is') equation, you can see that they managed to predict the spectral lines for hydrogen, but they didnt know why it worked, they just knew it did.

Bohr came up with his postulates that stated that electrons can only orbit at certain energy levels. He also claimed that electrons can change energy levels by either absorbing or emitting photons of specific frequencies (spectra is the wavelengths emitted and absorbed by an element, in this case hydrogen).

by using some mathematical stuff which we dont need to know, he managed to get ryberg's equation, thus providing an explanation of why it worked.

edit: and yeah that didnt really give u an example on how to word it sorry xD

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)