Purchasing our exam papers back post-ATAR? (1 Viewer)

jackl25

HSC
Hey BoSers,

So, will we be given the opportunity to purchase our HSC examinations for $50 per paper (or whatever it is), once we get the results?

What is the process you have to go through?

Thanks.

xMorrow

HSC
I believe you can but honestly, why would you?

harrisony

goodbye cruel world
HSC
N/A
Or you can do a FOI request and papers, raw marks and what not for I can't remember how much

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
FOI request costs $30.

tutorsaustblog

HSC
Ask yourself - is it worth paying $50 to see your raw mark if you can? What value will you get out of it?

Once you get your mark, think forward, it takes more effort to dwell in the past.

nathanf

HSC
Do they include any comments on your answer, or where you earnt the marks?

Also it would be pretty nice to get the paper back. To be impressed or look back in disgust at your writing ability in a few years time.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
I'm getting mine back to contribute to this site (standard English) and also to my school so they can get marking standards in tune with HSC for the future (least I can do for my teachers who have done so much for me)

nathanf

HSC
I'm getting mine back to contribute to this site (standard English) and also to my school so they can get marking standards in tune with HSC for the future (least I can do for my teachers who have done so much for me)
My My,Aren't you a golden soul.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Yeh, you can include everything (raw marks, papers etc) under the one application.
Yeah, I lol'd when I saw the Board of Studies try and make it like $30 per paper and I'm like "lolololol". Do it the proper way and save yourself like $250.

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Do they include any comments on your answer, or where you earnt the marks?

Also it would be pretty nice to get the paper back. To be impressed or look back in disgust at your writing ability in a few years time.

No - there is nothing written on the papers at all by the markers, except a tiny tick on the top of the page to show that you have read the page. We simply don't have time to write comments.

I believe that in Maths there might be a notation or something.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Charging to send papers back?

Wow.
Well, they do send it by mail - and I had to get mine from a courier, so it makes sense.

Now, $50 or whatever it is per past paper is silly. $30 for everything is a bit on the expensive side, but that's the best we can do.

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Let's remember though that someone has to drag through all the papers to find your papers and only your papers etc. Considering the 100,000s of scripts etc that in itself would be a big job and this is extra to the normal duties of anyone so probably having to pay someone casual rates of pay to do it.

BOSBOY

HSC
N/A
Perhaps FOI does not apply when the same information is available from another source (eg the fee-for-service provision of raw marks and answers)?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)