Punt, Hatshepsut and other trading expeditions? (1 Viewer)

kyliej

rOcKiN PuMpKiN
HSC
N/A
Hey all. For my third assessment task this year ive been given a ten minute speech on describing the expedition to Punt and why it was sent. Also i've got to give evidence that suggests that Hatshepsut sent trading expeditions to places other than Punt.

So far I've got a fair bit on describing the expedition to Punt but can anyone help me on why it was sent? Also I cannot find any other pieces of evidences that suggests that Hatshepsut did send trading expeditions to other places.

Thanks. Kye. =)

Demandred

HSC
Hatshepsut sent the expedidtion to punt to show off her solid abilities to lead the Egyptian empire to prosperity.

Punt was also a trading partner with Egypt in the Middle Kingdom, its connection was severed during the Second Intermediate Period.

Oh yeah, you should also be familiar with the inscription about getting plants of frankensense (spelling?) to be planted in the garden of Amun.

There should evidence galore by her officials' tombs - Thuity, Neshy, Senemut and also her mortuary temple at Deir el-Bahri.

kyliej

rOcKiN PuMpKiN
HSC
N/A
What other places did she send trading expeditions to? In the sources I have found so far it states that she did have other ones but it only names Punt and what goods she received.

angelduck

Behind a rock with a glitter gun poised and ready
HSC
they were actually myrrh trees, and the inscription states theat she brought them bak to place in the garden so it would be fit for Amun to walk in it - theres a whole rooom in her mortuary temple devoted to punt - make sure you mention the artistic portrayal of the Queen of Puntv (she was very very fat)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)