Public Holiday (1 Viewer)

Macccca

wazzlewoozle
whats up with easter and public holidays? which days are considered public holidays and what is the standard wage increases (like double time, triple time). i should be working friday and saturday of the long weekend and im just curious as to what i should be getting.

thanks

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
friday is a public holiday

that's all the help i can give you

ezzy85

hmm...yeah.....
HSC
N/A
2.5 where i used to work.

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
to my knowledge it's friday and monday. sunday should be x1.75 anyway, sat x1.5 and friday and monday will be x2.5

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
ummm i get paid double time and a half on public holidays.. which is only easter saturday and monday.. because we are closed on friday and sunday

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Yep I was told Saturday was considered a public holiday and it gets double time and a half for me (Im rostered 9-6....I'll be rich!)

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
Originally posted by Ms 12
Yep I was told Saturday was considered a public holiday and it gets double time and a half for me (Im rostered 9-6....I'll be rich!)
oh okay then hooray!

KfWang

for me its 2.5 as well...
now all i need to do is GET MY FUCKING ORIENTATION.. sorry for the French as they say. I want to start working so that i can brag about my first day of work and stop saying "Yup im employed by Maccas" without having worked there yet lol

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
Im told there is a lot of video watching for Maccas orientation. And also you're not a real member of the team till you get a burn scar....

Generator

HSC
N/A
Hmmm... In the past, Easter Saturday has not been a public holiday for those at Coles... That could have changed this year, or it could just be a difference between it and K-Mart, despite the coles-myer ownership and all. Eh, I do not care. I get to work on the Monday, anyway.

MiuMiu

Somethin' special....
HSC
I checked, Easter Saturday is an official NSW public holiday, so if you aren't paid extra, your being jipped

KfWang

Originally posted by Ms 12
Im told there is a lot of video watching for Maccas orientation. And also you're not a real member of the team till you get a burn scar....
haha yes i heard iget paid to watch videos at Maccas for my orientation hehe ScHaWeEeEeETTTTaa...
and as for the burn scar.. itll come soon enough LoL

johnson

a lack of colour
HSC
judging by that link that maccca gave us.. next year, christmas day falls on a sunday, and we won't get paid public holiday rates for it because the public holiday is the next day, on monday!

how fucked is that

so people who give up their christmas day (ie weekend staff ie me) don't get paid penalty rates..whereas people who have a nice day off on christmas (i.e weekday staff) get paid the penalty rate! that's bullshit.

edit: this obviously applies for places which are open 24/7 regardless of public hoildays etc

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)