Psychology & Maths? (1 Viewer)

ronak123

HSC
is Mathematics Recommended For Doing Psychology In University? If So What Unit ? coz some unis say dat dey recommend advanced math in years 11 and 12

Last edited:

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
Not particularly

You might do a bit of statistics in a psych degree (which isn't even in HSC maths except general)

So really just do maths if you like it or if you think you'll get good marks (to help get the required UAI, obviously)

Z66R2V

HSC
Yeah, as already stated, you only do stats in psych. But, they assume that everyone has around 0 knowledge, so they hold your hand constantly.

You'll be fine without doing maths at highschool.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
it might help if you have the assumed knowledge, as that makes thing a tad easier, but as captain ghey said, youll still do fine without any maths whatsoever

ahen

Sexy Member
HSC
oh thank gawd cos i want to do psych but i hate maths with a passion and dropped it after yr 10 and now everyone's telling me i have no chance without maths. but then again USYD says that i need Adv maths as a prerequisite for B Psychology , my other option ( and more preferrable) is BA Psych but the UAI's so freakin high that i will run naked in the streets if i get it (98)

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
ahen said:
oh thank gawd cos i want to do psych but i hate maths with a passion and dropped it after yr 10 and now everyone's telling me i have no chance without maths. but then again USYD says that i need Adv maths as a prerequisite for B Psychology , my other option ( and more preferrable) is BA Psych but the UAI's so freakin high that i will run naked in the streets if i get it (98)
you better keep your word :p

fractured

HSC
Captain Gh3y said:
Not particularly

You might do a bit of statistics in a psych degree (which isn't even in HSC maths except general)

So really just do maths if you like it or if you think you'll get good marks (to help get the required UAI, obviously)
Wrong. Statistics is accross the board (that was what I heard).

ahen

Sexy Member
HSC
jemsta said:
you better keep your word :p
<HR style="COLOR: #d1d1e1" SIZE=1>
<!-- google_ad_section_start -->lol you reckon the board of studies will want to see me naked? maybe i could like, you know, *cough* offer them a deal *cough*

ronak123

HSC
ahen said:
lololol OMG HIGH FIVEEE I NEEED 2 GET IN 4 PSYCHOLOGY I LUV IT :( HOPEFULLY WE BOTH WILL!! yayyyy and den we wil both run naked in da streets lol if we get 98<HR style="COLOR: #d1d1e1" SIZE=1>
<!-- google_ad_section_start -->lol you reckon the board of studies will want to see me naked? maybe i could like, you know, *cough* offer them a deal *cough*
lololol OMG HIGH FIVEEE I NEEED 2 GET IN 4 PSYCHOLOGY I LUV IT :( HOPEFULLY WE BOTH WILL!! yayyyy and den we wil both run naked in da streets lol if we get 98

ahen

Sexy Member
HSC
SoulSearcher said:
Hello, I'm the Board of Studies representative for your particular area.
ROFL just let me know which street and i'll be there :p
and ronak123....HIGH FIVE! :D

merrymadi

HSC
I'm hoping to get into B Psych (96.85) at USyd too. BA (98) is out of my reach =P

I'm only doing General Maths, and my stomach dropped when I read the Advanced Maths 'assumed knowledge'. Gah, I did Adv for about half of Year 11 and then moved down because I was doing dreadfully, but I'm getting top marks for General atm.

Thanks for the info, whoever said something like 'they hold your hand the whole way through' over the Maths units of the Psych course =) It's put my mind at ease.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)