• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Psychology at Newy Uni (1 Viewer)

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
I owe you one beer, amazing advice.
I'm doing environmental science. I should have done development studies, it sounds more elite at parties, enviro science is for plebs.

em_516

bludging..
HSC
Are you kidding me? I think I would've rathered do that..well, maybe more Environmental Management. They're all a bit wanky really but I guess the science kids were a bit more nerdy :p

Dunno what you heard about parties? The ones I've been to are fun but they're very cruisy and mostly full of people talking about what they're studying atm haha, WOOOOOOOOO! PARTAY!!

If you want more specifics on particular subjects let me know and I'll go through my shit...that was all stuff I remembered off the top of my head, pretty vague.

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
I think I am studying 'environmental management', It's what environmental science became post 2004 if I understand correctly, only really a change in name and marketing mostly I think.

Nah, I'm sweet for advice, I just wanted to know which courses I should take to pass without too much work. Looks like SOCA3060, LEIS3130, GEOG3090 and something else.

I haven't done any third year courses yet at all, they're a concern, probably unnecessarily so. The core courses look pretty intense, if usefull for later employment.

em_516

bludging..
HSC
Oh true. I think there must've been some actual Enviro Science kiddies when I went through though because some people said they did science and others said they did management.

What are you planning on doing after graduating? Surely you should be choosing things of interest rather than ease :p I really wouldn't recommend SOCA3060 except for how bludgey it is. I don't think it really benefits anyone haha.

Third year subjects are pretty meh. I was kinda nervous about them too when I went into third year but yeh, it's just like year 12, a tiiiiiiiny bit harder than the year before but you're prepared for it and every subject has a mild introductory component anyway. I mean you never just get thrown assignments. You're always given the tools to complete the assignment through each weeks work. I wouldn't worry :)

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
Graney said:
I owe you one beer, amazing advice.
Emily only accepts rewards in the form of sexual favors.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
American spellcheck made me change it, i did write "favours" first though.

em_516

bludging..
HSC
You can't blame Word for all your mistakes. Remember, you're a big boy now.

em_516

bludging..
HSC
Fine, he's a developing young woman. Hands off your breasts please James.

Virious

HSC
that is so weird but funny... sound kinda like my group at school except there all backstabbing bitchs

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
the psych i know at work is possibly the most unstable person on earth

she goes home to cry coz the admin chick bullies her

i lol

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
em_516 said:
What are you planning on doing after graduating? Surely you should be choosing things of interest rather than ease :p I really wouldn't recommend SOCA3060 except for how bludgey it is. I don't think it really benefits anyone haha.
I'm planning on claiming welfare following graduation :eek:

I've realised I really hate research, which is kind of a downer when you're doing an enviro science degree, because 95% of jobs come down to preparing a report at some point.

I'm too far gone now to give it up, I have to finish, though I have no will or love of the course. I'm just looking to get it done easy as. After that, long term, I'm seriously looking at going into a trade.

em_516

bludging..
HSC
Aww that's a shame. I love my degree but it's really going to get me fuck all. I wish I had done Urban Planning straight up but hey, didn't know these things back then. High Schools should probably spend some time going through specific university options...

It's what I want that's easy. It's getting it that
HSC
Graney said:
I'm planning on claiming welfare following graduation :eek:

I've realised I really hate research, which is kind of a downer when you're doing an enviro science degree, because 95% of jobs come down to preparing a report at some point.

I'm too far gone now to give it up, I have to finish, though I have no will or love of the course. I'm just looking to get it done easy as. After that, long term, I'm seriously looking at going into a trade.
OMG twins!

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
The_highwayman said:
OMG twins!
The trend on the UNCLE forum seems to be that noone can graduate from a single degree in the normal 3 year, full time load.

em_516

bludging..
HSC
Totally could've.

Totally couldn't be fucked though, AMIRITE GUYS? Yeh.
Actually I wish I had now because then I'd be doing something else now lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)