• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Psychology at Newy Uni (1 Viewer)

HSC
jezzmo said:
I've applied for psych at newy next year. The only person I know doing the course is blissfully naive ... and NOW .. a medicated emo who won't even get naked.

This is not looking good at all.
Told yah they're wack.

Do pharmacy. You can pick up hot chicks who will make an income, or if you just want a boozed up slut, communications.

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
cannibal.horse said:
Told yah they're wack.

Do pharmacy. You can pick up hot chicks who will make an income, or if you just want a boozed up slut, communications.
nah i hear all the hot, easy girls are in software engineering

u should give it a try

em_516

bludging..
HSC
The_highwayman said:
nah, they do development studies.
Well that was flattering for a brief moment. :)
Surely you'd do Arts and work through the different schools.

Edit: Come to the AIC. I just witnessed a 20-something 'gyrate' on his spinny-chair at a computer. Gross.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
cannibal.horse said:
...if you just want a boozed up slut, communications.
I have met 3 girls doing communications. Two were employee's at fannys and ditzy as. The other one was a non-drinking christian and pretty cool.

Captain Gh3y said:
nah i hear all the hot, easy girls are in software engineering

u should give it a try
They're all asian or ugly.

Zrap said:
Don't they do nutrition and diet something
I reckon most of the medical sciences have some good ones.

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
The_highwayman said:
basically geography.

in other news, Biomed has some fairly attractive females.
haha i like that

female description:
The challenge to address poverty and hunger in an environmentally sustainable and just way is one of the most serious challenges facing the contemporary world. The Bachelor of Development Studies provides opportunities to study the causes and consequences of unequal development and assess policy options for a more equitable and sustainable future. Understanding the nature and operation of globalisation processes are critical to the development question. The program examines globalisation processes at a variety of scales, with a focus on urban and regional impacts, sustainable development and cultural diversity. The program emphasises the development of critical thinking skills; rationales for ethical action and social and environmental responsibility; recognition of cultural differences and viewpoints; effective communication skills; the capacity to use information technology and to manage information.

male description:
basically geography.

em_516

bludging..
HSC
Captain Gh3y said:
haha i like that

female description:
The challenge to address poverty and hunger in an environmentally sustainable and just way is one of the most serious challenges facing the contemporary world. The Bachelor of Development Studies provides opportunities to study the causes and consequences of unequal development and assess policy options for a more equitable and sustainable future. Understanding the nature and operation of globalisation processes are critical to the development question. The program examines globalisation processes at a variety of scales, with a focus on urban and regional impacts, sustainable development and cultural diversity. The program emphasises the development of critical thinking skills; rationales for ethical action and social and environmental responsibility; recognition of cultural differences and viewpoints; effective communication skills; the capacity to use information technology and to manage information.

male description:
basically geography.
That is BULLSHIT. That's from the university's website. They pretty up engineering for god's sake.

When people ask me, I pretty much just say "developing countries" so they don't think it's child development. Sometimes I say "pretty much geography". And then they look at me with weird expressions coz they still don't get what that means but I cbf going into it with people who only ask to appear polite. I like how the faculty is Science and IT, sounds so much more technical :p

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
How hard are the 3rd year dev studies courses?

This semester I'm doing GEOG2130, GEOG1020, SOCS2400, all dev studies courses, and they are, so far, easy as compared to bio major I was doing before.

Any idea what four units I should choose out of:
ECON3320Environmental Economics10 unitsEMGT3070Advanced Studies in Sustainability10 unitsGEOG3300Rethinking Development10 unitsLEIS3130Leisure, Tourism and Environmental Issues10 unitsPHIL3910Technology and Human Values10 unitsSOCA3060Environment and Society10 unitsSOCS3100Program Management, Policy Development and Evaluation10 unitsSRMT3020Planning for Sustainability10 unitsSRMT3040Community Resource Management10 unitsGEOG3090Society and Space10 unitsGEOG3240Globalisation: Cities, Economies

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
em_516 said:
That is BULLSHIT. That's from the university's website. They pretty up engineering for god's sake.

When people ask me, I pretty much just say "developing countries" so they don't think it's child development. Sometimes I say "pretty much geography". And then they look at me with weird expressions coz they still don't get what that means but I cbf going into it with people who only ask to appear polite. I like how the faculty is Science and IT, sounds so much more technical :p
I think I've asked you about 20 times and I still don't get it :)

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
I'm doing all the devs studies courses and I've got no idea what my major's about :confused:

em_516

bludging..
HSC
James, I don't even get it :p

Graney, just like with any subject, 1st and 2nd year prepare you for 3rd. Considering 1st and 2nd Dev subjects aren't hard, neither are 3rd year. Though depending on what you do you could end up with a lot of readings.

What degree are you doing? I've done Environmental Economics, Rethinking Development, Environment and Society, Society and Space and a few weeks of Globalisation: Cities, Economies. I should've done Advanced Studies in Sustainability but then I dropped out of The Sustainable Society so uh, I didn't bother haha.

ECON3320 is ok. I had only done Micro and Macro in the past so I'm not that great with economics but I still found this course doable. I didn't do particularly well but I think I still scraped a credit.
GEOG3300 is okish. If it's run by Sarah it'll be fucking boring as. I ate a lot in that class. There's a fair bit of piss-boring theory and I found it to be a bit of a rehash of things I already knew but then I guess it depends on subjects you've done in the past. We had to do a group presso which was pretty shit but not hard.
LEIS3130: didn't do it but I considered it as something to fill in the gaps haha. I don't imagine that would be a particularly great subject. I know a girl who was doing leisure and tourism type courses a while ago and they sounded rubbish (but probably very easy)
PHIL3190: considered this also for about two seconds until I read the outline. I have no idea why this is in the Development Studies program. I am pretty sure there is no way I could just delve into a third year subject like that :S
SOCA3060 is so.fucking.basic. hahah. All my mates hated it because the lecturer was so vague (in the head) but I loved it for that reason :p Didn't learn a lot but I did learn a bit about permaculture gardens, naw :)
GEOG3090 has a lot of readings. And it's with Kathy so you can't even skim read. She knows those readings back-to-front which kinda makes you do them which takes a lot of time but I reckon it was worth it. I liked this class and you actually have to think a bit, whoa. Not hard though.
GEOG3240 I did for a few weeks and dropped because it was too full on (for me). TOO MUCH globalisation talk. Too economicsy. A few of my mates stuck with it but it wasn't for me :S

Don't know shit about SOCS3100, SRMT3020 or SRMT3040 but I wish I had :( Some of that could've been useful. Ah well.

(Sorry this was so long :eek:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)