Psychology anyone? (1 Viewer)

mystify

HSC
Hi, im currently a year 12 student and i would really love to do psychology at uni next year. Does anyone here do psychology and if so how are you finding it. Also, considering that i may not get into pyschology at Sydney uni (probably wont get a UAI of 96+) is it possible to do Social Science with a major in psych. I asked our school careers adviser but he's clueless. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thx in advance :)

Winston

HSC
I'm doing it as an elective haha it's funny...

cakes

hi
HSC
i'm doing it as an elective as well , it's good! really interesting! yeh you could probably major in psych in a social sciences degree, or science, or arts, even economics...

tooheyz

- kmart supervisor -
HSC
yeah i know a guy whose doing it, name is Josh.
he likes it.

he likes to pick out ppls brains i guess

cayte

Just do a Bwhatever and major in psych. First year is only one class per semester, so if you happen to hate it you can always major in one of your other first year subjects. If you actually want to be a practising psychologist you're going to need to do honours and further post-graduate study, so it doesn't really matter what sort of undergrad degree you do in this case. Something generic will be far more interesting and flexible, I would almost guarantee it. Go to the Usyd website for more info. Try www.psych.usyd.edu.au

psych_girl

HSC
-->:)

If possible, I will do Science (psychology)/ Engineering (biomedical) at Usyd...............gotta see you there.

Sophie777

You can do a bachelor of arts/ psychology and major in psychology. Then, I think you can go on to do it as a career. The UAI for that is 88 i think.

cayte

The APS won't register you until you've completed six years of uni, an undergrad psych degree is basically worthless in the job market.

Collin

HSC
N/A
If you don't think you've got the marks, just go for something like BSc, with your first year including the 2 psych subjects. Get a distinction average after sem 2? Then transfer to BSc (Psychology).

Paz

JKDDragon said:
If you don't think you've got the marks, just go for something like BSc, with your first year including the 2 psych subjects. Get a distinction average after sem 2? Then transfer to BSc (Psychology).
Is there an actual B.Sci course dedicated to psych called B.Science (Psychology)??? I thought you could only do undergrad psych through one of those generic course or B.Psych... :confused:

Delta32

usyd junkie
HSC
well, besides USYD ofcourse ;)

MQU has one of the best Psychology courses - or atleast such is its reputation. They also offer a number of psychology related degrees, more than any other NSW Uni, if I recall correctly.

If you can't get the UAI for a BPsych, or a BA-Psych/BSc-Psych. You can always do psychology as a subject in first year, do well and then attempt a transfer into a relevant degree.

Some uni's are better at this than others, MQU has a good internal transfer policy, it's worth looking into.

Sasky

HSC
thanx so much delta, I'm going to look Maquarie up - I can't believe ur awake too!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)