Psychology and Developmental Theories. NEED HELP ASAP!!! (1 Viewer)

mgg20

HSC
Uni Grad
Hi all!
I'm wondering if any one can help me with this, as I'm super stuck. I can't seem to grasp any information on this topic and answering these questions (while they do seem pretty easy), is absolutely killing me. I have answered a few so I wont include those, I'll only add the ones I need help with.

Answer the following questions about the 6 developmental theories (Psychosocial theory, Behaviourism and Social Learning Theories, Ethological theory, Bioecological theory, Life Course theory, and the Cognitive Developmental theories - Piaget, Vygotsky and Information Processing).

1. Are the theories in stages or are they gradual? (are they continuous or discontinuous?). Which of the theories are continuous and which are discontinuous?.
  2. Which theories consider the individual, social influences, and/or the psychological processes?
  3. Which theories propose that the child is a ‘blank slate’? Which assume prior knowledge of some degree?
  4. Are the children active or passive participants in their learning/development? Identify active or passive for each theory.
  5. Is timing important in development? Does culture/community make a difference? Identify for each theory, what is the most important in influencing learning and development.
  6. Which theory proposes nature, which is nurture. Do any propose both nature and nurture?
  7. For each theory, how much does biological processes influence development?

Use these prompts to critically compare and contrast each theory. (Dont worry about this, this what I need to do with the information).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)