PSP Region restriction? (1 Viewer)

BoganBoy

HSC
hi guys im not really sure where this topic goes but i think surest bet is in the IT section.

im thinking of getting a PSP in australia after my HSC (in few weeks time), but since im giong to asia this christmas ive decided to buy a lot of games there, for the obvious reason that its going to be much cheaper. but im worried that there will be a region code on PSPs and games so may be i wont be able to do that. Does anyone knowwhats the real situation?

PS, just incase ur wondering y dont i get the PSP in asia too, its cos my friend can sell it to me at a price that puts asian retailers to shame, :)

Raginsheep

HSC
PSP movies are region locked. PSP games are not.

BoganBoy

HSC
oh cool, thanks.

also since PSP can play any MP4 movies, i heard its possibile to transfer movies into a memory disk and play them, in that case they dont have region code anymore?

also china ebay have ppl selling '350 PSP games for 300 yuan', all of them are cracked and burnt onto dvds, and supposedly u can also put these games into a memory disk and run them from there. it sound too good to be true, is there a catch to it?

RCMasterAA

I vant to suck your blood
HSC
It's probably true, most likely some guy downloading using torrents and then burning them onto DVDs to make a quick buck. Mind you, you can do it yourself now.

And yes, you just need to get a 'to mp4' converter to converts your files and then you can transfer to your memory stick.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)