PS3 worth buying? or just waiting till the price down. (1 Viewer)

Nue1

HSC
PS3 worth buying? or just waiting till the price down.

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
I thinking PS3 worth buying not yet. If waiting a while maybe price drop or otherwise get cheap from market.

kekekeke~ ^_^"

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
lolz
unless you're really desperate, i suggest you should wait till the price drops down
isn't the opening price somewhere in the vicinity of $1200?

Nue1

HSC
one of my friend order it and i'll wait and see his

Timesplitter 01

Lord Timesplitter
HSC
Nue1 said:
one of my friend order it and i'll wait and see his
Probably going to have to wait until christmas or end of March to get one mate. They are going to go like hot cakes given that Australia probably will only get about 50,000 or less units on launch

(enigma)

no soup for you
HSC
watkinzez said:
If you're asking complete strangers who know nothing of your tastes whether to spend $1000+ on a new system, I'd say it's best you save your cash for now.
this guy knows whats going on.

meaning i agree with him.

Collin

HSC
N/A
PS3 is rocking up to be the most overhyped piece of crap, I swear.

Cell yields were low, which appears to be OK now according to IBM, local mem controller of the Cell being uselessly inefficient, components were too big (and many) to fit into the specified case, RSX clocks becoming downgraded due to issues hitting the original performance specs, issues concerning the difficulty of developing for the Cell platform etc. With all these issues who knows if Sony will hit the release date in time.. and if they do, they would have probably done it with a pretty undesiringly low amount of time spent on testing and evaluation. And Sony expects to charge $1000USD??

I was pretty keen on the PS3 2 years ago, but now I'm just over it.

Timesplitter 01

Lord Timesplitter
HSC
Collin said:
PS3 is rocking up to be the most overhyped piece of crap, I swear.

Cell yields were low, which appears to be OK now according to IBM, local mem controller of the Cell being uselessly inefficient, components were too big (and many) to fit into the specified case, RSX clocks becoming downgraded due to issues hitting the original performance specs, issues concerning the difficulty of developing for the Cell platform etc. With all these issues who knows if Sony will hit the release date in time.. and if they do, they would have probably done it with a pretty undesiringly low amount of time spent on testing and evaluation. And Sony expects to charge $1000USD??

I was pretty keen on the PS3 2 years ago, but now I'm just over it.
Its not $1000 USD

Its $999 AUD.... Huge difference

If you take into account inflation the PS2 was as almost expensive as the PS3 is.

Collin

HSC
N/A
~$250AUD (assuming you're correct) still makes this machine pretty freakin' expensive. And yes, the PS2 was similarly expensive upon it's initial release. The difference? They didn't have Microsoft as a competitor back then. Unless you've interest in some titles which are gonna be PS3 based only.. I just can't see why I would shell out that much more for a PS3 rather than say, an XBOX360. Not that I would get an XBOX anyway since performance PCs has always been my primary priority. So that leaves.. Wii!

For Sony's sake, I'd better hope that the PS3 doesn't bomb.. because this (ever becoming risky) console is gonna be their ultimate gambit.

Oh, and I'm damn hoping the Blu-ray format fails (HD-DVD too, actually).. and that HVD technology comes out on top.

501n2u

HSC
Yeah, I was pretty keen on it when I first read about it but the price just seems to be a bit expensive for now so I suggest that you wait a while *shrugs* more games would be out as well if you wait for the price to drop so yeah.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
ps3 is not worth $1000 not even $500 - i will buy it when it is $200. Otherwise i will get the nintendo Wii its looks totally awesome.

MikiRei

HSC
Oh - so it's delayed for PAL? *phew* - I thought it was delayed for everywhere! Sweet! I'll just wait for 6 months after NTSC release and buy it then when prices have dropped (prices r cheaper anywayz in Asia) :D

Oh - and to answer the thread's question, definitely wait - I always wait - most of the good games for the console don't really come out till a good 3 months after anywayz.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)