• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

PS3 v Xbox 360 (1 Viewer)

Which next generation gaming console do you prefer?

• Playstation 3

Votes: 41 60.3%
  • Xbox 360

Votes: 27 39.7%

• Total voters

theone123

blue essence
HSC
waddle_828 said:
i think the xbox will kick arse with hardcore gamers
with ps3 second
and the nintendo revolution 3rd

but why wasn't nintendo included in the poll?
or why was it talked about in a thread related to the ps3 and xbox 360?
Tried to but it does let me ><, + ninentendo usually gets out of the competition like the usual...

50Cent

The Protege
HSC
there isnt one coz we already know it will suck.

As for the comp, PS3 will kill the 360. It already has the added bonus of the Blue Ray disc that the 360 decided not to support and PS3 is undecided on the removable hard drive yet, if they go with it, it will certainly smash the 360.

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
And you're talking about specs which "kill" other consoles.
What about the games?

HSC
the PS3 will have twice the raw processing power of the Xbox360.

definitely gonna get the PS3, even if the Xbox360 will be released first. i currently have a PS2.

i believe that the nintendo revolution is just gonna end up like the gamecube, a piece of shit-a-brick.

Collin

HSC
N/A
At the moment I'm leaning more towards the PS3.. time will tell.

phizz

aka: Philly Cheese
HSC
My personal view:

Xbox 360: for the new perfect dark, halo, .....too bad nothing original is making the flagship, but at least this way gives us an idea for the expectations of the new games. It's looks are alot more flash then the previous model, and I was going to buy one to run my old xbox games. But now reading that since the architechture is different to the old spec, and that 'backwards compatable' will be difficult and require downloading the emulator of only a few select games has turned me off.

PS3: Quite impressive power, if i buy this, it would be enough to get pleasure just by gawking at it and drooling over the graphics demos. Blu-ray feature looks pretty cool (50gb discs), which isn't included in xbox360/nintendo revolution, imagine having one disc to contain all 3 specail extended versions of lord of the rings, make swapping discs easier. However i haven't been as interested in the playstation style of games, but thats just me.....however, the new demand of the quality of ps3 games, will lead to more detail in the art department which could bring new game price to a new high in the $150-200 range.

Revolution: this one Im considering on buying. Why? Its the only one i can afford these days, but its main draw card for me is the ability to access the entire nintendo game range fom over the past 25years. Its small, cheap, and directly aimed at games. Blu-ray looks good, but theres no know fact that it will become the new movie standad, alot of hollywod movie companies (namely wb) are wraped up in the HD-DVD alternative, holds less then bluray, but cheaper to manufacture.....back to rev....theres still a secret nintendo are keeping quiet thats supose to 'revolutionise' the way games are played......and I've been waiting for at least some form of improvement on the games-interaction level, rather than simple hardware.

Well, that chewed up some time for me.......later

Last edited:

HotShot

-_-
HSC
the ps3 is more powerful, faster, better and of course has better games than the Xbox. so i think i made it obvious which one is better.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
HotShot said:
the ps3 is more powerful, faster, better and of course has better games than the Xbox. so i think i made it obvious which one is better.
And Sony is on top because it can pitch this type of 'propaganda' to idiots like yourself.

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
AsyLum said:
And Sony is on top because it can pitch this type of 'propaganda' to idiots like yourself.
Exactly. Go the Revolution.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
AsyLum said:
oh sony into propaganda more like microsoft, go suck their cock. its actually known and stated that the ps3 is a more powerful in graphics, speed .. so on than the xbox 360. and plus the xxbox 360 looks a tad bit gay.

the only thing good about the xbox 360 is the removable hard disk, but as you can see they are trying to copy sony in this why? becuase thats the way to make more money.

hm.. xbox 306 needs some work.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
HotShot said:
Xbox 360 lets you create your own unique system and experience. With interchangeable Xbox 360 Faces, it's easy and fun to change the appearance of your console. Switch on your system and customize the look and feel of the Xbox Gamer Guide and Xbox System Guide with unique "skins.

You’ll see all Xbox 360 titles at 720p and 1080i resolution in 16:9 widescreen, with anti-aliasing for smooth, movie-like graphics and multi-channel surround sound.

Rip music to the Xbox 360 hard drive and share your latest digital pictures with friends. Make the connection, and Xbox 360 instantly streams the digital media stored on your MP3 player, digital camera, Media Center PC, or any Microsoft® Windows® XP-based PC.

Three symmetrical cores running at 3.2 GHz each
Two hardware threads per core; six hardware threads total
VMX-128 vector unit per core; three total
128 VMX-128 registers per hardware thread
1 MB L2 cache

Detachable and upgradeable 20GB hard drive
12x dual-layer DVD-ROM
Memory Unit support starting at 64 MB

Height: 83 mm
Width: 309 mm
Depth: 258 mm
Weight: 7.7 lbs.
tats the xbox

HotShot

-_-
HSC
the ps3 stats not u yet, but some game for it are, metal gear solid 4, final fantasy and medal of honor, thats some crazy games.,

Meldrum

Banned
HSC
Halo > Medal of Honour
Predator > Metal Gear Solid 4
Fable > Final Fantasy.

XBrev will be infinitely better...I'll happily be giving my moolah to Bill Gates.

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
Gavrillo said:
Halo > Medal of Honour
Fable > Final Fantasy.

XBrev will be infinitely better...I'll happily be giving my moolah to Bill Gates.
And an improved version of the original Fable is coming to a PC near you. Morrowind: Oblivion will also be on PC as well as the console, so there's no point in getting the console (for me). RPG's like Morrowind and Fable are terrible on consoles anyway, since they aren't as easy to mod as they are on PC.

I'll be getting a PS3, but I have a lot of love for Nintendo too. The inhouse team at Nintendo is great and have always made good game franchises.. Mario, Zelda etc.

Damnit, I still need to "fix" my current PS2. I really want to be able to play my copy of Suikoden III. :(

Oh and to the guy who thinks that the Gamecube is a "hunk of crap"... the Super Metroid series, Resident Evil 4, Windwaker and the new Mario are all crap games, aren't they?

Last edited:

theone123

blue essence
HSC
Gavrillo said:
Halo > Medal of Honour
Fable > Final Fantasy.

Ghost Recon 3 pwns all games for now :uhhuh:

HSC
i definitely enjoyed the original fable on xbox, geez i don't know which one to get! how about getting both consoles? best of both worlds i think.

equiski

HSC
Gavrillo said:
How are these two games related at all? Well, I guess they are both in a 3rd person POV. Wow. Fantastic.

You are the champion of at least 2 or 3 internets.

BTW POK3MON > MECHWARRlOR thay have better battles i rekon D:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)