PS3 - How is it? Any good Deals? PlayTV? (1 Viewer)

iMAN2

HSC
N/A
Hiya,

Have you bought a PS3 recently? How [awesome] is it? Was it not as you imagined or were you just dumbfounded at its brilliance.?

Where did you buy it from, what good deals are out there?

Do you have PlayTV. Is it worth it?
If you do have it, is it possible to transfer the recorded stuff to an external hard disk?

Last edited:
HSC
It is soo awesome + i got the 120gb one :D
but i honestly wish i had HDTV :(

I bought mine from Eb Games I traded in my playstation 2 + games for $425 (original price was $499), except i wasn't able to trade in GTA San Andreas coz i got the banned version lol.

But if you have the latest consoles you might be considered a lot cheaper price from Eb Games :) with trade in

John McCain

Horse liberty
HSC
N/A
lol at ps3 on an SDTV.

Have a look on whirlpool

jb-hifi has probably the best deal atm
ps3 120gb slim + hdmi cable, assassins creed, gta4 for $499.

iMAN2

HSC
N/A
but i honestly wish i had HDTV :(
You don't have the cable or your tv isnt compatible? My tv is the old HD compatible so thats like 720p or something... it has a DVI connection and not a HDMI one so ill probably have to get a HMDI to DVI cable and then a separate audio cable (because DVI) doesnt carry sound :(

But its worth it cause High Definition! drooollsss

Also, JB-Hi fi's 250gb one looks pretty good. $100 extra and Play tv is included as well as the extra 130gb :)

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
get a ps3. it's awesome.

Uncharted + Uncharted 2 + Killzone 2 + MGS4 + LBP = games ever (i may have left some out maybe)

badquinton304

HSC
I bought my PS3 in Oct. 2007. The level of awesomeness is extreme. I play it on a little sdTV in my room most of the time, but I sometimes hook it up to HDTV in lounge. It was exactly as I envisioned, a shining beacon of awesome.

I bought it from Kmart, although I wouldnt recommend this, go to jbhifi or ebay.

I don't have PlayTV.

Protips:
- The harddrive you get with your PS3 is irrelevant because 320gb sata harddrives are dirt cheap these days.
- Get MGS4, it is made of hardcore and awesome.
- When buying HDMI cable get 19 gold pin cable. Also shorter cables are better, so make a string measurement from tv hdmi port to ps3 hdmi socket and buy the shortest one that will work for you.
- Get madcatz headset, they are good.
- If asthetics is important then get a bulky ps3 as opposed to the slim ps3 the look so much more awesome.

HSC
You don't have the cable or your tv isnt compatible? My tv is the old HD compatible so thats like 720p or something... it has a DVI connection and not a HDMI one so ill probably have to get a HMDI to DVI cable and then a separate audio cable (because DVI) doesnt carry sound :(

But its worth it cause High Definition! drooollsss

Also, JB-Hi fi's 250gb one looks pretty good. $100 extra and Play tv is included as well as the extra 130gb :)
Nah man i just don't have a HDTV and my SDTV is compatible, but just like you i'm very anticipated to have the experience to play games under High-Def :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)