P's Test Beverly Hills (1 Viewer)

greentiger

HSC
N/A
Has anyone done there P's at Beverly Hills. I have a test on Monday and I am Unfamilar with the area. What are the speed zones like there, are there any little tricks I should look out for. etc? Any advice would be appreciated

gka2stab

HSC
When you come out of the RTA, if you turn left onto stoney creek rd, it's a 60 zone onwards..if you turn right.. it's 50 on all small-side streets..

Has school ended yet? if not.. 40 at the penshurst school.. and king georges road..

And that road.. with the big round-abouts.. forgot what they're called.. USED to be 60.. but now 50..

and watch out for the stop sign coming out of the RTA o_o.. and the crossing.. so u gotta stop like 3 times.. at the sign.. then for pedestrians.. then for traffic..

greentiger

HSC
N/A
are ther any 40 km zones appart from the school zone. like the Botany test has a whole residential zone that is 40km ..

greentiger

HSC
N/A
ticky2002 said:
Your taking a test in an unfamiliar area?

Whats the point??

Why not do it somewhere you know?
Basically cause it's the only place that wasn't booked out till the End of January

gka2stab

HSC
Nope, there's no 40 zone.. not that i know of. Just school ones.

Be prepared to go as far as penshurst though.. and there's one intersection with crossings on both sides.. one in front of you.. and one right after you turn left/right.

Good luck :)

greentiger

HSC
N/A
Thanks gka2stab . I was worried about doing it in an area that I didn't know , however someone pointed out that you are naturally more cautious in an area that you don't know and this could be of benefit?

I did the test ay Botany on Monday and while my score was high and a pass I failed due to the fact that I had gone over 40 in that 40 residential zone and I had missed a few head checks. All my fault. I was nervous as can be, and when I did a perfect reverse park I was so excited with my self I forgot about the blind spots when pulling out and the 40 k zone I was in.

Something I won't forget again.

They closed they could book me in again was 30 th Jan , so when I got home I sat on line trying to get one sooner, A few popped up at botany during the day on line however they were for this week and once you fail you have to wait a week before you can do it again. Then while flicking though other RTA's Bevery hills had one on Monday ( exactly a week from the last test and I figure If I am going to pass or fail , it's not going to really make a difference where I do it

So fingers are cross and Head is turning this time!

greentiger

HSC
N/A
Thanks gka2stab . I was worried about doing it in an area that I didn't know , however someone pointed out that you are naturally more cautious in an area that you don't know and this could be of benefit?

I did the test ay Botany on Monday and while my score was high and a pass I failed due to the fact that I had gone over 40 in that 40 residential zone and I had missed a few head checks. All my fault. I was nervous as can be, and when I did a perfect reverse park I was so excited with my self I forgot about the blind spots when pulling out and the 40 k zone I was in.

Something I won't forget again.

They closed they could book me in again was 30 th Jan , so when I got home I sat on line trying to get one sooner, A few popped up at botany during the day on line however they were for this week and once you fail you have to wait a week before you can do it again. Then while flicking though other RTA's Bevery hills had one on Monday ( exactly a week from the last test and I figure If I am going to pass or fail , it's not going to really make a difference where I do it

So fingers are cross and Head is turning this time!

gka2stab

HSC
That's alright :)

I was nervous too.. but even more nervous and scared when like.. the backdoor wasn't closed.. and there was this huge red light saying it wasnt.. and i was scared he was gonna fail me for that..then i actually asked him.. can i check the doors.. and he basically was like.."wth keep going" lol.

And then afterwards.. he just reclined his seat back.. looking like he was doing nothing.. and in my mind i was like.."omg i failed.. " but yeh.. i kept my cool and just did whatever he asked.. and i passed o_o; - Just keep your cool, even if you think you failed..

Oh and there's a very ambiguous give-way sign turning right from forest road onto stoney creek road..make sure you stop.. and the stop sign at the RTA. lol.

greentiger

HSC
N/A
I'm actually just looking at the satelite map on google of the area now,

looking for the give way at that intersection.

Zozo6969

HSC
the big roundabout at penshurst street and george street, u hav to indicate to the left when u leave it. eg. if u are going straight through it, once uve passed halfway, u gotta put ur left indicator on.

greentiger

HSC
N/A
Zozo6969 said:
the big roundabout at penshurst street and george street, u hav to indicate to the left when u leave it. eg. if u are going straight through it, once uve passed halfway, u gotta put ur left indicator on.

Thanks guys
I passed ....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)