Protein synthesis (1 Viewer)

Nightminds00

HSC
I'm having a bit of trouble with protein synthesis.
I have searched these forums and am still unclear.

My teacher gave us a sheet that shows the process as
Replication
Transcription
Translation

but other books i have looked at only show dna ---> transcription ---> translation

i know that in DNA replication there is obviously a replication
(For example AAT CTT ATG ---> TTA GAA TAC)

but is there a replication step in protein synthesis?
(For example DNA: AAT CTT ATG
mRNA: UUA GAA UAG
then translation

OR DNA: AAT CTT ATG
replication: TTA GAA TAC
mRNA: AAU CUU AUG
then translation)

Thankyou!

nit

HSC
replication is generally accepted as the first stage of protein synthesis as per the central dogma. I think you ought to incorporate replication into an adequate description of the process by which proteins are produced. There's also the transport stage of the mRNA from the nucleus that fits in between transcription and translation that would describe the process more fully - ie replication -> transcription->transport->translation. However, I didn't do HSC bio and thus am not entirely sure what the hsc markers and the syllabus specify.

Abtari

HSC
i think u should replication and (transcription, translation) as separate entities for the purpose of this course. whilst replication is related to just producing copies of the same sequence for cell division and so on, transcription and translation are a part of protein synthesis. they do not occur necessarily at/around the same time.

transcription is mRNA forming a base sequence of its own using the template from a DNA base sequence. translation is using that mRNA sequence to form amino acids and eventually proteins.

hope that helps. if anything seems odd, let me know. :) :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)