Prospects in private practice law after an ANU degree? (1 Viewer)

_Duck_

HSC
N/A
So i'm currently doing year 12 and interested in the fields of Commerce (Accounting) and Law, although to be honest i'm not at all sure of exactly what area of commerce or law (i've only really experienced accounting and economics in terms of areas of commerce and i enjoyed accounting.) At the moment i see myself more interested in going into private practice than public (with the law degree) and was wondering whether ANU catered too much towards academia and public practice that Monash or Melbourne Uni would be a better option (admittedly i highly doubt i will get into commerce/law in monash and have heard that the test for postgrad law at melbourne will be as, if not more, competitive to get into.) Anyway, i was wondering if anyone had opinions as to the likely preference of an ANU vs Melb/Monash degree if i were to apply at a private law firm.

dizzyizzy

snubble
HSC
I think you're definitely looking too far ahead...picking the 'right' option now is an impossible exercise because what you'll be interested in pursuing will assuredly change by the time you're looking for a job as a graduate. So just go anywhere.

buyhercandy

HSC
Agreed. At the end of your four or five years of studying Law or Commerce/Law, you will probably be interested in something completely different to what you're interested in now.

Choose the university you're more interested in studying at, rather than the post-uni employment prospects. Spend some time browsing ANU's, Monash's and Melbourne's websites and looking at their Law courses.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)