Pros answering questions on this forum (1 Viewer)

Giant Lobster

HSC
What do you do when you see some1 asked a question you can answer? Do you not answer the ones you think a lesser student can answer? Do you only answer the ones you deem are challenging and hopeless without your help? :p

Or do you just answer everything you see that hasnt been answered adequately or at all? Just curious. :)

turtle_2468

HSC
I usually answer only the hard q's...
but if there's an easy q lying around that no one has answered, why not do that? :)
For reference, usually I log on say once a day, and by the time I see a q someone has answered it 90% of the time...
So the latter I guess..

Giant Lobster

HSC
farout what a pro.
half of those questions u answer, i dont even get what the question is. and i've went through the whole course once already :( doesnt do much for one's self esteem.

Giant Lobster

HSC
ur not smarter than all year 1 kids on this planet :rolleyes:
and no, thats not a profession, stop being pedantic. i have yet to see a constructive reply from you to my threads. :mad:

Grey Council

Legend
HSC
LOL, giant lobster. ;)

*refrains from making a comment about Lobsters posts*
teeheehe ;) :p

Grey Council

Legend
HSC
LOL!

fight! fight! fight!
lol @ abdooo

*nudges lobster*
these lebs, berloody
*shakes head*

:p

abdooooo!!!

Banned
don't worry... if i met that gay lobster in real life... it would already be dead. :)

edit: im not joking... this is for real... the idiot will get bashed the instant i see it.

Last edited:

abdooooo!!!

Banned
Originally posted by Grey Council
right

LEBZZZZZZ RULZZZZZZZZZZZ!!!!

;)
why don't you believe me... im for real here. its not about the race... its more than that... moronic people or stupid animals like that gay lobster shouldn't exist in this world. :)

ya LEBZZZ RULLLEEEEZZZZ!!!!!!!

hobbits sucks lol. :p :D

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by Giant Lobster
farout what a pro.
half of those questions u answer, i dont even get what the question is. and i've went through the whole course once already :( doesnt do much for one's self esteem.
don't worry u can't know everything- and there's always gonna b ppl. smarter than u!

KeypadSDM

B4nn3d
HSC
Originally posted by Giant Lobster
Or do you just answer everything you see that hasnt been answered adequately or at all? Just curious. :)
If there's an easier solution/quicker solution/more elegant solution, then I'll post that up.

spice girl

magic mirror
if it hasn't dawned upon u guys, yes this forum is a place where pros show off. u really think we're trying to be friendly and helpful?

Giant Lobster

HSC
Originally posted by spice girl
if it hasn't dawned upon u guys, yes this forum is a place where pros show off. u really think we're trying to be friendly and helpful?
rofl well put.. with the sarcasm and all :p
well anywho, ive just noticed sometimes, some relatively simple questions go unanswered whilst stuff you see in university maths get 3 pages and onwards, so yeah just curious. I guess its up to us lesser students to answer (If we can) those unanswered questions then :p :)

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by spice girl
yeah, not suprising, since ppl. are so cynical these days.

Grey Council

Legend
HSC
well, i dunno. Some people, imho, ARE trying to be helpful. obviously Spice Girl isn't included in this ( ;) hehe ) but seriously, to actually visit these forums, to help out people doing their HSC, FREE OF CHARGE, says something.

anyway, whats the point of showing off in front of people in a forum, and people you don't even know, and behind a nickname. So in actual fact, people MIGHT show off, but they are anonymous show offs.

so I think that some people do actually help out just for being friendly and helpful. But the "pros" think, quite reasonably, that the easier questions can be left to incompetent schmucks like me, who get happy when they help out people just because they COULD help out. (think: all those other question 7/8's that I have no clue about).

hehe, as for me, i'm nowhere near a pro, but I help out when I can. Its revision for me, firstly, and secondly if I teach someone than i'm not likely to forget it, nie? ^_^

spice girl

magic mirror
Originally posted by Grey Council
anyway, whats the point of showing off in front of people in a forum, and people you don't even know, and behind a nickname. So in actual fact, people MIGHT show off, but they are anonymous show offs.
well in real life usually so-called "pros" have such a good reputation already that it would be meaningless to try to act any smarter. in fact they have people showing off for them. so there's no fun playing a game that's already won.

in forums it's different. u can try to see how long it takes to build a reputation from scratch, without exam marks, etc etc.

once that's established, turtle and i just say "ahh bugger it, let's not answer any more".

ok i mite be jus a bit too cynical, but ahh who cares?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)