Proposing (1 Viewer)

Purp|e

miesynth
HSC
god damn, i missed azzie and tims engagement/wedding :( *sheds e-tear*

ne who back to this whole topic thing ... i guess i wouldnt really care who did it, but id prolli rather do the whole traditional man thing :p

*Barbie*

HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
Personally i'd rather do the traditional man thing, i'd also like to actually ask her father, mother for permission first too.
:uhhuh: ur a smart guy!!!!
SPREAD THE WORD!!!
lol
that is sooooooo gr8!!!

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Of course it depends on circumstances, but i think if they've got decent parents it's the right thing to do...
like parents hate losing their daughter, if u ask permission it's more they GAVE her to you, not lost her to you.

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
yeh, I don't know if I'd want him to ask my parents permission. I think I'd like to be the first to know before them, so i'd probably prefer him not to ask them.Then I can suprise them myself.

Purp|e

miesynth
HSC
hmmmm the whole concept depends on the precise little details of the situation ( ie. the niceness of the parents :p ... whether it has been like discussed at all with the girl etc. )

but NTB is right, the parents would hate the guy much less if he asked.

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
Not-That-Bright said:
Finding out ur daughter is getting married is usually not a very good surprise for parents.. in most cases anyway i think
lol yeh thats true

= Jennifer =

HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
Finding out ur daughter is getting married is usually not a very good surprise for parents.. in most cases anyway i think
would some guys still ask his girlfriends parents before they ask the girlfriend you know to get their blessings, etc etc????

SKA

me and my baby
HSC
= Jennifer = said:
would some guys still ask his girlfriends parents before they ask the girlfriend you know to get their blessings, etc etc????
only if u know they will be happy about it.. otherwise fuk it.. it should be up to the two of u

my sister is 20 and she just got engaged.. my parents are like .. oh okay.. if ur happy

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
I've done the proposing but it was more a case of both of us agreeing that 'we might as well get married' because it was just obvious thats where it was heading and she told me 'if do you end up wanting to propose to me, make it a surprise'. And I did.

But if a girl wanted to propose to me, then I'd be fine with that. I don't see the big thing with gender roles when it comes to these things.

As for the parents, I asked hers and the fact that they loved me already made it just a part of the process. Her mum actually asked me 'did you really think we'd say no, we'd love you to be'....

Skeeta

HSC
i want the man to propose coz i want that giant rock in an engagement ring goddamit!

flipsyde

Shutup!...that's why
HSC
I wouldnt want him to ask my parents first. I think a public proposal is nice but Id hate it to be from someone I dont wanna marry so a private one is just as nice... I havent really thought about it in that way. But I would LOVE them to be orginal with it, none of this putting the ring in food or drinks or something... something original.

OZGIRL86

stuck in a moment
HSC
N/A
I think I'd like it to be a in private place, just the two of us. Somewhere romantic or special to both of us:)

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Well i'm looking for a more traditional type of gal... u kno one that doesn't hate her father, mother..

Flipsyde asking for something original is really unfair, my uncle took his wife up in a helicopter and had it writen on a beach... she could barely read it, and it cost way too much...

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
Argonaut said:
Just don't do it in public with a lot of peaople around - you'll embarrass yourself if they say no (but since everyone's watching, you kind of don't give them any chance) ...
I knew she was going to say yes, so the fact I proposed on the Opera House didn't really take into account the part of becoming a public spectacle.

If you love the girl enough and you know its the right time, should being in public really matter that much. It seems that it just makes those with a precious ego a little nervous, that's all.

Skeeta

HSC
if i ever get proposed to at a football game i will be ashamed of my husband for the rest of my life... anything but the middle of the field - half time marriage proposal

but it could be worse.... could be at the cricket

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)