• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

proposal?? idea?? (1 Viewer)

scarlettblanca

HSC
hey im currently doin my proposal, what should a good proposal have in it for a creative piece? is outlining my research process really important? help! im stuck.. also i wanted to know people's opinion on my idea ie. the "asian experience in australia" looking at the Filipino culture. has anyone done anything like this? how do i explore the Filipino culture whislt avoiding the whole cliche of a search for identity? ur opinions would be much appreciated=]

O.osezZ

HSC
in my school's proposal, one of the ext2 teachers told my friend that he went from an A-grade to a B-grade just because he hadn't provided evidence of research and outline... it's marked out of 10, and was worth 20%... so obviously every mark counted =(

um, this year a girl at my school did something similar to your ideas, but she did it as a speech and took on a variety of personas. Maybe you could look at it in a different way. say instead of "asian experience in australia" and "search for identity" you could try writing about an australian who has lived in the filipines for a few years, and when they come back to australia, has a hard time coping with the culture difference? ^^;;

i hope this helped!

flyingdown

Ave Satanas!
HSC
Asian Experience in Australia does not seem specific enough to be a concept. It works as a starting idea, but what do you want to say about it? What angle are you approaching it from and what are the readers supposed to gain out of reading your story?

Try to keep it as far away from cliche as possible, maybe even avoid the whole introduction-complication-climax-resolution-reflection structure altogether.

My concept is completely different, but if I were you I'd try something along the lines of how values from the Filippino heritage are implanted in a character's subconcious, and maybe contrast it to a perspective of someone born in Australia.

Otherwise, you can try something like a friendship or relationship and difficulties experienced due to the value/heritage conflicts. I remember reading a good story about how Caucasian guys like to marry Asian girls because they are supposedly more homely and submissive and will cook for them.

Hopefully I helped a bit ^^

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)