• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Promotion and Program (1 Viewer)

Taz-j

Hay

I was just wondering who is doing Promotion and Program for their IP? Of those doing it what play are you designing for?

I think it will be good to know who's doing it so we can help each other out a bit and have someone to share ideas with.

Hope to hear from you!

jay_es

HSC
yeah im doing promotion and program, but i've been a bit of a slacker.. i've collected VERY few flyers, posters etc and stuck them in my log. i think i'm VERY behind. i've chosen to do 'blood brothers' coz i enjoyed that play. do you think you could give me any important points to start with? i've been really busy with other stuff and there is nothing to motivate me to continue my IP at this moment. and i have an IP seminar for drama in term 2 week 2 so teacher can see how far we've got. i'm really DEAD! plz help! thanks alot
:)

meggy_moo

PMS PRINCESS
HSC
Oedipus Rex- Sophocles

im using the Photo Impression program and im getting printing done at Kinkos

Originally posted by jay_es
yeah im doing promotion and program, but i've been a bit of a slacker.. i've collected VERY few flyers, posters etc and stuck them in my log. i think i'm VERY behind. i've chosen to do 'blood brothers' coz i enjoyed that play. do you think you could give me any important points to start with? i've been really busy with other stuff and there is nothing to motivate me to continue my IP at this moment. and i have an IP seminar for drama in term 2 week 2 so teacher can see how far we've got. i'm really DEAD! plz help! thanks alot
:)
yeah....you are a bit behind...ive done 10 copies of one idea and im starting a second (so i can choose later which looks best)....ive decided on a venue, pricing and dates...all thats left is theatre company for general info...but im totally behind on my program, my press release and my rationale so dont feel too bad...but get started cos next term it'll be full on if you have to do group and individual projects

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
I have an empty log, and no idea what im doing. I just switched to program after wimping out on video (my actors deserted me at the last minute heh)

Ill probably read Holy Day, if i dont like it ill do the tempest or oedipus since i read those 2 a year or 2 ago.

stupid IP *sigh*

meggy_moo

PMS PRINCESS
HSC
Originally posted by jay_es
awww! thanks alot meggy :)

hope to see your work at onstage next year!
lol...thanks! heaps of good luck to you!

and if ANYONE wants some help i'm happy to help you out with anything...just ask me! ciao

Taz-j

Wow! I never relised so many people were struggling with it. It really isn't that hard (well ok maybe a bit) What you need to start doing is finding things that relate to your play.

I'm doing "Blue Murder" so what I've done is researched clothing that the charactors would wear, what the scenery looks like. This is all easy and it is helping you get a visual about things.
Try and find as many different posters relating to your play as possible that way you get some ideas of what you want it to look like. It would be a good idea to do a script analysis (your teacher can give you one) and make a list of all the images you find in the play that could be used.

Then you write every week or so how you think your going, its likeevaluation your self every so often.

Good luck witrh log books guys!

JimBob

HSC
N/A
I couldn't find a copy of Blue Murder, so I read Blood Brothers and Holy Day. I was originally gunna do BB, but when I read Holy Day I got all these crazy creative ideas flowing. So I'm doing that.

Oh yeah, I'm doing Promotion and Program thingy.

So far I've shoved a few flyers in my log and analysed them, done a few initial ideas for the poster and drafted one of them on computer (Adobe Photoshop style). So yeah, I'm pretty behind as well, but it's gunna be fun. Our teacher marked ours thus far a few weeks ago and I haven't actually touched it since, guess I'm just lazy.

Good luck with it and I hope some more people reply.

meggy_moo

PMS PRINCESS
HSC
geez...i thought i was behind cos my teacher freaked me out that much...its ok now...ill just chill with it!!! good luck all!!!

Mancy

Mancy
HSC
Am doing the Judas Kiss...
Haven't got any ideas down like that freak...meggy moo...but it depends on the school really
1/2 my class haven't even bought a log book yet.
I chose my actors coz I thought it would be the more fun part...but now that that's over I'm wondering what phase 2 is.
Anyway good luck to all!

P.S. Has anyone chosen groups yet...we are just doing that now and everyone is crying (I go to a girls school)...so these are a fun few days before holz.

Toodles

meggy_moo

PMS PRINCESS
HSC
i hope thats freak in a good way!!! for phase 2 try doing some designs with images u get off the net...it'll give u an idea of what u can do as opposed to what u want to do (as in with ur computer programs and stuff) also start looking at theate companies and loations, when u want to hold it and how much...and start looking at other programs, posters, media releases and all that to get an idea...GOOD LUCK!!!

jay_es

HSC
hey people! im not really good at drawing and my teacher says i should draw up some sketches!

im seriously BAD at drawing man, and when i come to continuing with my project, i just get so lazy coz i know i cant draw up any sketches. can you give me any ideas i could do? im planning to use adobe photoshop using images i've found, etc etc.

im in major **** >.<
much help appreciated!

meggy_moo

PMS PRINCESS
HSC
hey...ummm...i havent read ur text so just gonna give u a tip...go through and wriite down the main themes, the main characters and then start writing down things that remind you of the character or theme. from there you should get a couple of ideas. then just start screwing around with drawings. they dont have to be good, you just have to understand them. from those sketches decide on the ideas you like. trust me. i cant draw for crap and thats what i did. my last attempt at drawing a picture got called "abstract" when it was meant to be realistic. i suck. you can do it!!!

JimBob

HSC
N/A
Most of my sketches and concepts and such, if they involve people, are stick figures and basic things to just give the idea of what is going on in the picture. It all works.

jay_es

HSC
damn meggy! you've been great help! i've chosen my theatre company, but my teacher was trying to help me choose actors for BB.. and she was telling me to think of REAL AUSTRALIAN actors that would do musicals.. and like omg! i dont hardly wacth tv, and dont know of many australian actors.. so yeah! did you think of actors yourself? i was thinking of making them up! coz BB is based in England, and yeah!

sometimes i wish i never chose drama! this is the most stressful subject im doing coz my teacher is putting me underalot of pressure.. >.<

i think im gonna start blogging to to let out my stress damns!

meggy_moo

PMS PRINCESS
HSC
well thanks....i feel appreciated!
i havent chosen any actors yet cos i cant think of anyone i think would really play any of the roles well so yeah. ill probably just get some actors from theatre companies around sydney.
oooooohh...when you get stressed i have a tip: colouring in. its the best. i have my colouring in book. if you hate that get something to punch. but im just a colouring in kinda girl. crayons and all!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)