Promise of a new life ends in tragedy (1 Viewer)

malkin86

HSC
http://www.smh.com.au/news/national...ends-in-tragedy/2005/12/28/1135732645562.html

This is so sad... A family comes to Australia from Africa as refugees. Their youngest son suffers from sickle-cell anaemia and dies shortly after his family move into their new house.

The family spoke no English, and had shown their son's medical paperwork to someone, but it didn't get through.

What is wrong with the immigration system?

danieljarvis

HSC
well if by the time he could alert his neighbour his son was dead, i don't really believe that help would have been able to revive him in time so that he could live out the rest of his 5 or so years in pain and hospital.

it's a hard world.

malkin86

HSC
TerrbleSpellor said:
So as to glorify the work of freaks like you who care nothing for Australia, and who care very little if it goes down the drain?
How about to make something good come out of the death of this boy. I think that we can all agree that there is something rotten in the immigration system. As you said, recognising it is important.

somborac

HSC
TerrbleSpellor said:
That his family was even let into the country is a travesty.

Thousands of Africans die every day, due to the horrible conditions which they create themselves.

I don't feel ashamed at this boys death at all. There is nothing wrong with the immigration system in THIS regard.

The problem lies with them letting these people in. It serves no bodies interests to let these people in.
C'mon mate, thousand of africans do die every day but nto coz they create the terrible conditions for them selves. Dictators who bring their govermants down the drain, no money for medicie, they didnt have a choice, im sure if their country was a democracy it would of been better. Co-operations buy off teiur land and theur food growth and then sell it back to them, in this way they cant make proper profits. Africa is one of the richest food resources in the worl and yet 80% of it goes outsid ethe continent coz of big American co-operations which buy food for cheap and seel for expensive.

danieljarvis

HSC
TerrbleSpellor said:
That his family was even let into the country is a travesty.

Thousands of Africans die every day, due to the horrible conditions which they create themselves.

I don't feel ashamed at this boys death at all. There is nothing wrong with the immigration system in THIS regard.

The problem lies with them letting these people in. It serves no bodies interests to let these people in.
harsh... but fair. although they dont exactly create their living conditions themselves.. running to another country isn't going to fix anybody's problem (not even theirs in this case), just create more problems for others.
so i agree.. why let them in?

yy

HSC
N/A
danieljarvis said:
so i agree.. why let them in?
prob just to show the world that aust. is a compassionate country. there is really no short term benefit, in the long run, if they become educated, they can add to the workforce, beside without immigration, australia's population is decreasing. but of course, that problem can be more efficient solved using skilled migrants. so my theory is just to suck up to the other countries.

yy

HSC
N/A
TerrbleSpellor said:
Surely if they were more civilised, then they would have stopped this from ever happening in the first place.
yeah, if the germans were more civilised, they would've stopped nazis.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)