projectile question (1 Viewer)

Unovan

ATAR loading...
HSC
Derive the vertical component and let it equal to 0 to find t when the vertical component = 3h

Then sub that t value into the vertical component and you should be able to solve for vsin(a)

scacredcat

HSC
the mystery mark is calling my name

also for (iv) I think they're using the fact that at Q, the plane/projectile will be at point h because of the symmetry, so it uses that to find the
1 = 12x/d (1 - x/d), then they multiply through by d^2 just for laughs to make it a bit neater then solve for x to find horizontal range at point h (using quadratic formula), then just simplify for a bit. I think then, because v = x/t and v = 100(3 + root6) they set them equal then multiply the 100(3 + root6) by t, cancel out the (3 + root6) and finish it off? idk if that makes sense or not but that what i got from it

SB257426

Very Important User
HSC
North Sydney Boys
That's the solutions I have no idea what they're doing
View attachment 40300
In iv) they are equating the height of the plane with the height of the rocket. They do this by letting h = cartesian equation of rocket

then they solve for x because they obtained a quadratic in terms of d and look for the larger solution because we know it strikes at q

We know that for the rocket: Range = 100(3+sqrt6)t

now we know what x is from solving the quadratic... we can sub it into the equation: x = 100(3+sqrt6)t, and solve for t

Luukas.2

HSC
This question is a modified form of a question from the old Fitzpatrick book, which also shows up (with a different variation) in Cambridge... and the original Fitzpatrick question had no structure provided to guide you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)