• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Projectile Motion in a Physics Exam (1 Viewer)

cwag

adonis
HSC
N/A
Are you permitted to use 3U method of projectile motion in a physics exam?

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
I'd assume it'd yield different results wouldn't it?

vds700

HSC
You shouldn't. Why make it harder that it needs to be, the equations you derive in 3 unit maths (e.g y =Vt sin(theta) - 1/2 gt^2 ) is basically the equation you use in physics s = ut + 1/2 at^2. So you will get the same results but it will take longer. Besides, you are given the equations of motion on the data sheet aren't you? So all you need to do is sub the given info into these equations.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
cwag said:
no, same results...i jsut find it easier
Ah sorry, i thought it'd be abit like mechanics in 4unit.

cwag

adonis
HSC
N/A
haha...no nothing like that....although..i dunno..personaly i jsut reckon knowing that max height = (v2sin2@)/2g.....max range = (v2sin2@)/g......and time = (2v sin@)/g......is much easier than maniplulating physics newtonian equations

me121

Premium Member
HSC
cwag said:
haha...no nothing like that....although..i dunno..personaly i jsut reckon knowing that max height = (v2sin2@)/2g.....max range = (v2sin2@)/g......and time = (2v sin@)/g......is much easier than maniplulating physics newtonian equations
You should really derive those equations, not memorise them, for both phys and 3u.

I think that using 3u methods for projectiles in phys should be allowed and is a much better method, however, they may not understand what you are doing..?

cwag

adonis
HSC
N/A
yea..your probably right guys....maybe ill jsut use them to see if i am correct in my answer.

robbo2202

HSC
Am 99% sure u can use ext maths formulas in physics exam but u cant use the physics formulas in ext maths exam.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)