Project Runway (1 Viewer)

HSC
N/A
omg highwayman I love you!

You have such good taste in TV shows :uhhuh:

I was thinking of starting a thread on Project Runway earlier, but had no idea whether anyone would respond or not :(

I was so suprised Keith did what he did. When they mentioned someone was going to go, I automatically thought of Angela (maybe because she'd been an uber bitch the episode before?). Funnily enough Angela is kinda growing on me now, and the guy that flipped off at her mum is going down in my books, even though I liked him originally :( Angela's design aesthetic just is... weird sometimes though. Like, really weird - the kind the makes you wonder how she got there.

I really like Michael, and Uli. Both have amazing talent, and are really down to earth :) (PLEASE DON'T MAKE ME CHOOSE BETWEEN THE TWO!) I think Kane (loved his marilyn monroe dress) will make it into the top three as well... I do think Laura has a very personalised way of designing, but that it lacks 'versatility'. Everything seems to read corporate casual, if you know what I mean (after this series she'll probably go off and be doing that).

Who else is left? Oh yeah, Vincent. I think he has a cute personality, but his design aesthetic is always to "add" that one thing that everyone else wishes wasn't there so that the garment could be perfect. His outfit last week was beautiful though :) And what the hell was with that will and grace marathon last sunday, I cried for lack of project runway :'(

PS: How much should Austin have been in the top three for Series 1 :'( I loved him so much, even if he completely ignored the required style at times to do his own thing.

Last edited:
It's what I want that's easy. It's getting it that
HSC
i didnt see series one. only caught on about midway through series 2 but i reckon daniel should have won series 2 :( he was kewl.

OH AND ULI! how could i forget uli? i love her stuff great with patterns. i'm not so into angela, but ur right about laura. i'm glad robert is gone.

HSC
N/A
I like robert, but his designs kinda got stuck on Barbie, I think :( He could never do the real-life couture thing I think. (even if you think back to his first winning dress with the sparkly stuff, it's very barbie, don't you think?)

I was so torn between Daniel and Chloe in season 2. I did feel that overal Daniel did the better job, but (in the judges eyes - unfortunately none of it really appealled to me, then again none of Jay Carrol's stuff did either) he really kinda blew it at the final runway show. Such talent, though - I'm so glad Michael Kors offered him a job. I reckon he'll be one to keep an eye on in future years. And he's such a nice person! Wow. My heart totally just melted when he told the other model (when he had to choose between his or the Andre's model) that it wasn't about 'sending her home'/"casting her out", it was about letting her go to find other and better opportunities etc :) Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww

You should watch Season 1 - Jay, Austin and Sara Kaun were such amazing, amazing designers. They were three that really, really stood out.

HSC
N/A
serious? :( No I haven't seen it, but I'd like to. Jay turned down the $100 000, did you know?

And byebye Angela. Silk linen?!?! what were you thinking?!?! And I don't care if that top is fashion forward, it made her look like she was carrying a very odd-shaped baby. Or maybe a shoebox stickytaped to her tummy. Eww.

And how cute is Uli on the runway... ahaha hands on hips, "don't mess with me I'm Uli and I have my hands on my hips now CLEAN UP THIS FLOOR!"

HSC
N/A
I thought they both looked hot, but Jeffrey's looked more complicated to do (funny because he was the first to finish?), so maybe that's why he won.

I think Vincent is more or less at the end of his league, now :( I expect him to be eliminated soon.

HSC
N/A
I thought it was a bit big for regular wear, but you see italian collars like that all the time (although the italians make it work, like it if had been rolled more or something), and it was pretty tame for a 'Vincent' thing IMO (hence why somewhat forgivable in my eyes, lol)

haha yeah his outfit this week was pretty plain... but not BAD like Angelas >.<

Last edited:
HSC
N/A
*sniffs* We just know how to pick a good show when we see one. In the future when everyone else finally realises how cool it is, we'll be one of the few who has seen it from the beginning, and is like an uber-expert and everything :p

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
I'd love for Michael to win.

Caine (however you spell it) seems so inconsistent. I like him as a person but I don't think he'd win at all.

<3 Laura's clothes.

Horay! I didn't like Angela at all.

HSC
N/A
I'd love either Michael or Uli. Michael is probably more versatile and seems more approachable in terms of mainstream market, but Uli is so cute and her clothes are still very good (I do agree about the 'can you do anything else?' they said this week though).

Kane seems inconsistent to me. I love some of what he does, other times he just comes across as the camp pageant-dress-maker. Green flower on paper, anyone? lol

daledugahole

HSC
I love Project Runway.
Sometimes I think Heidi Klum looks better pregnant and secretly wish she'd get knocked up again. She is so beautiful but you can't hate her because she is so nice, she's the kind of supermodel you could have a beer with.

Season 1: Austin should definately have been in the final 3. His collection would have been amazing to see walk down the runway. I can't believe Wendy made it so far. I don't think I like a single piece she showed at fashion week.

Season 2: I was so torn between Chole and Daniel as well. Both great designers. Although I absolutely loved last dress in Chole's collection, the one where model throughout the series Grace wore. It was a dark blue floor length gown with the most amazing cut and shape at the back especially.

Season 3: I can't stand Angela. I'm so glad she's gone, I found some of the stuff she made really tacky especially in the challenge with the dogs. I think Vincent is just scrapping through and will be gone soon. I like the stuff Uli and Laura make but I'd like to see something different and to see them branch out in what they make. Although I love Uli but I can't stand Laura, some of the things she says are totally uncalled for. I love Michael I think his designs are amazing and he will do really well win or not. I wish Alison had stayed a bit longer. Although her recycling material design was not the best she'd done consistently good stuff up until her elimination whereas others like Robert and Vincent had not.

And how tight were Jeffery's pants :eek:

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
The only thing I liked from Angela was that outfit she made that got displayed in Macy's. Everything else was just shit.

I loved Alison too! And I missed the episode where she left :( Vincent should just go already. His stuff is so boring!

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
Tulipa said:
The only thing I liked from Angela was that outfit she made that got displayed in Macy's.
And that's only because she had Laura and Michael to slave for her. :p

HSC
N/A
lol @ Laura.

"When I heard she was making granny circles again, I ran out of the room screaming!"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)