Project management techniques? (1 Viewer)

Z

Zeppelin

I'm not real sure about what it means here. Boy, the 2002 paper is a real killer.

Wild Dan Hibiki

teh sex0r
HSC
hopefully im right when i say this but i think management techniques is like using gantt charts n logbooks. if im wrong then im screwed

JayWalker

HSC
Project management techniques are important..
Just imagine that you are the leader of a software devlopment team full of kids from year 4...

Things you would need (other than a really long temper) are:
-Negotiation Skills (Negotiate what ideas are included)
-Conflict Resolution (Pretty much as negotiation skills except when it gets personal)

Theres a huge list in the resources...

JayWalker

HSC
By communication I'm assuming you are referring to:

The need to empower the user by making them feel special and 'in control' of the programming project.

The need to acknowledge the user's perspective: The user should not be expected to understand all the technical speak and jargon etc...

Z

Zeppelin

Ah. I honestly regret taking this god-awful subject. I should have done something else, this thing is probably going to take my UAI down a few marks. I'm praying that the SDD paper will be merciful, and at least logical.

IMO, they are way to liberal with their distribution of marks - make the papers more like Physics and Chemistry, which I am good at. There is so little content from all the syllabus that we actually even use in the exams. It's all just write X algorithm or X diagram, none of which I understand particularly well.

Please tell me I'm not the only one feeling this way.

Purp|e

miesynth
HSC
nah i know exactly what u mean ... after i walk out of sdd exams i realise what a waste of time studying the sylabus points was ... some of it came in handy, but a great deal of it all was practical ...but i guess thats the thing, u cant predict what theory is going to be asked, so u haveta attempt to know it all

Doogsy

i agree that if they are going to spend up to 50% on 'practical' then the there should be less content in the sylabus. It makes you feel you have wasted ur time when you finish an exam and 80% of the stuff you studied for wasnt in it.

Premus

Hey

Under which section in the resources are the project management techniques?
i cant seem to see it :p

Thanks

PoP 'n' Fresh

Poke me! I giggle!
HSC
oh man, have any of you checked the prelim course for pm techniques? its LOADED! =p
Identification of tasks ( needs and objectives)
gannt charts ( time management)
Logbooks
identification of subgoals
Allocation of resources (outsourcing)
identification of major milestones and stumbling blocks
regular backup
response to difficulties
reugalr reporting
evalutaion
case tools
communication - regualr group meetings, discussions
Documetation (helps maintenance)
Choosing the approach to be used, RAD is quicker
edit: also Developers Code of Conduct
edit: Assigning roles
edit: function libraries

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)