Progress. (1 Viewer)

araminta

HSC
I thought it might be a good idea to have a poetry forum whereby rather than telling each other what we write about or giving one another exerpts of each others poetry, we simply discuss our progress, how we felt or feel about E2, whether we think we will make it, what mark we want, how many words we want, and how our reflection statements are panning out. Perhaps share our resources aka sites to others E2 poetry and discuss what they did right or wrong, so we are heling each other out, but not really...well showing off as such.
A general question and support board perhaps? Maybe that's what it is.
Got to 2000 words today...I can't believe I did it, thanks shimmy.
Also a friend of mine told me today that about 49% of last years E2 candidature recieved a band 4 mark, so here's to ussss!

shimmy&shine

HSC
hhhhmmmm progress? Going well. Got more expert feedback today. Pleased with how its shaping up to be.

feelings? love it, enjoyable, wondrous. just lovable.

think I will make it? I hope so... yes I will.

marks I want? I'm very happy with A range. But 50/50 would be a dream.. yay!

word count? Total mw and rs word count around 4500.

Reflection Statement? still working on it. It's been months, and it should look better, but it isn't! I hope it ends up ok though.

That statistic is amazingly high. Are you sure, although you would expect all ee2 candidates to be generally good at English anyway.

Also, as some advice, show your major works to experts. I mean EXPERTS in the field of poetry. I would love to share you my sources, but they are really busy, and could only just squeeze in the time to read mine, plus they are probably being bombarded with major works from all directions at this moment because of my yap yap yap, lol. But seek out those who's comments are deemed worthy. And I'm sorry, but that doesn't mean ee2 teachers particularly. I'll just mention one. You may know the Broadway Poetry Prize aka the biggest and most prestigous poetry prize in Australia. I got one of the judges to read over my work, and got comments and feedback to work with. So yeah, the best help you can possibly get is from the best of the best.

To all the poets, good luck for the next four days. Wow, only four days left of this course! I need a shoulder to cry on! lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)