programming in actuarial studies (1 Viewer)

schmeichung

HSC
dvse said:
I can not agree with this advice. Accounting is extremely useful if you are working in valuation / capital management or in audit. You will probably learn it by osmosis, but surely it is vastly better than the finance major, which is pretty much covered in CT8. While it is debatable how useful an accounting major is for your overall education, at least it allows to get a CA later on if actuarial doesn't work out.

Also your comments on animosity are fairly misinformed - a lot of actuaries work in the big 4.
you sure there's a lot of actuaries in BIG4 comparing with accountants/auditors?
I guess the ratio is like 1 actuary/100+ accountants in BIG4 (but this has nothing to do with speciality of an actuary, it's all about supply and demand)

dvse

HSC
N/A
you sure there's a lot of actuaries in BIG4 comparing with accountants/auditors?
I guess the ratio is like 1 actuary/100+ accountants in BIG4 (but this has nothing to do with speciality of an actuary, it's all about supply and demand)
Well that's more or less keeping with the accountant/actuary ratio in the population.. Every Big 4 firm has a sizeable actuarial practice and they participate in audits of insurers etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)