Production of NaOH (1 Viewer)

KungPow

HSC
What exactly would we be required to know? The reactions occurring at the anode and cathode? Or something simpler like environmental issues?

Would the HSC 2002 Q probably be the hardest related Q they could ask about that?

ben7

KungPow said:
What exactly would we be required to know? The reactions occurring at the anode and cathode? Or something simpler like environmental issues?

Would the HSC 2002 Q probably be the hardest related Q they could ask about that?
its a pretty full on Q in 2002, i hope they dont get any harder than that, i am remembering the basics of the 3 cells, like the Na combining with flowing mercury to form cathode in mercury cell and also the pros and cons of each cell like environmental, costs, purity of NaOH etc.

although in one trial paper, i think 2001 or 2002 i asked to draw a diagram of the mercury process so who knows. i guess the people that want to go extremely well will learn everything!

What i am concered about most for IC is soaponification and what i need to know for that, but i think slowly today im gettin through it.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)