Production of materials formulae and examples (1 Viewer)

j12onuzim

HSC
What are some of the formulae and examples that we need to know for P.O.M?

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
I think the best way to determine the formulae and examples you need to know is through going through textbooks or the syllabus and basically you will get the answers from there, it is impossible to put up a complete list because your question is very broad, basically you should know all formulae and examples directly related to syllabus points, a point to note is when you are remembering formulas, particularly reactions such as condensation and additional polymerisation, you need to make sure you balance your equations, have appropriate states, add in the appropriate conditions-catalyst, temperature etc, I will give you an example from the fifth dotpoint under production of materials-and you can extract this principle to the other dotpoints,

•describe how transuranic elements are produced
•describe how commercial radioisotopes are produced
evidently you could need to know some examples of nuclear equations for production of transuranic and commercial radioisotopes to supplement any qualitative descriptions, because after all, you are learning a chemistry course, not an English course,

•identify instruments and processes that can be used to detect radiation -it is logical that you need to know examples and processes of methods to detect radiation

•identify one use of a named radioisotope: ◦in industry
◦in medicine -it is not hard to deduce it might be advisable to remember the equation for the production of the aforementioned isotopes-one in industry and medicine-to achieve a more holistic response-particularly when you evaluate the impacts of isotopes in a high mark question
•process information from secondary sources to describe recent discoveries of elements-it is reasonable to expect you remember at least one nuclear equation on how a recently discovered element is produced

I haven't included all the dot points-because those are examples/information you need to know, and it will make me sound repetitive-just try to repeat this exercise, and through doing a lot of questions, including past HSC questions, you will slowly develop a knowledge bank of what are the definite formulae and examples you must remember, what are the optional ones-hope this helps:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)