Production of Materials assignment (1 Viewer)

HSC
Basically this is my first assignment for HSC, I want to give it my best . . .

I need to find 'structure and chemistry' of a dry cell or a lead-acid cell, i chose a dry cell, but sites only really give me the structure of a basic dry cell, ie. carbon rod, electrolyte paste, and anode covering here and i am as to shit curious if that is correct

Also must compare it with ONE of hte following

- button cell
- fuel cell
- vanadium redox cell
- lithium cell
- liquid-junction photovaltiac cell

Does anyone know of good sites?

tennille

HSC
There's a PDF file http://www.nema.org/docuploads/62C20625-9280-4791-A32A0BF6C05B9EC8//NEMABatteryBrochure2.pdf

The dry cell battery stuff you have seem to be correct. Anode= zinc, cathode= carbon + manganese oxide, electrolyte= ammonium chloride and zinc chloride.

Go to http://www.nema.org/ in general...you might find some stuff in there.

Structure and chemistry of a dry cell is basically the anode, cathode, etc as well as the chemical reactions that take place. If you want to give more info, this is what I used in my assignment...

The electrolyte paste is located between the positive and negative terminals. It facilitates a chemical reaction involving the members of both terminals. This causes a current to flow through a conductor that connects the positive and negative terminals.

Last edited:

tennille

HSC
You're better of comparing a dry cell with a button cell, particularly a mercury button cell.

HSC

there is the assignment if that can help further for other people

HSC
brilliant! thats what i need! not people to do my assignment but point me to masses of information and let my half operational (sometimes 1/4 operational) brain do the work

HSC
i believe so mines not due till dec 10th

one thing puzzles me maybe you 2 guys can help me out

the 'paste' in the dry cells keeps changing (when i look for various sources of diagrams etc...)
the paste just consists the quality of the cell? its not always consistent right?

Michiru

HSC
hey..i'm doing the same assignment as you!! except at our school, there 's crap like one mass media article and one scientific journal

if you want something on paper, i suggest you try to track down the Choice mag's June 2002 issue...it's pretty good on comparing the costs of batteries...

xiao1985

HSC
N/A
Michiru said:
hey..i'm doing the same assignment as you!! except at our school, there 's crap like one mass media article and one scientific journal

if you want something on paper, i suggest you try to track down the Choice mag's June 2002 issue...it's pretty good on comparing the costs of batteries...
LOLZ omg... u r a fortian???

definitely go check ur local lib... they got awesoem collection of magazines (mass media)... and for journal, u might want look at archive engines like factiva (usually buzness...) or proquest...

Michiru

HSC
lol are you a fortain as well?!

hey by local library, do u mean the school library? i hope not cuz it's closed till like next week for stocktake >.<

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)