Procrastination Issues..... (1 Viewer)

MissMacbeth

Mrs. Brandon Bruce Lee
HSC
Anyone out there with serious procrastination like me?

I'm basically having heaps of trouble with it and feel like such a dick for mucking around.

Anyone else (obviously!) have it and who has the tricks in the bag on how to deal with it???? B/C I NEED THEM!!!

MM

MissMacbeth

Mrs. Brandon Bruce Lee
HSC
do you guys have that issue where you sit there watching tv or whatever, you sit there thinking, "I need to study. Why am I sitting here wasting time?" but never actually get up and do something about it? I have that and it's driving me insane. My current procrastination project is making a showreel for some random acting agency. I don't even know why I'm making one!!!!! I just sit there wasting all night putting together a short movie and for what!?!???!

I think I'm insane.

feel free to agree.

MissMacbeth

Mrs. Brandon Bruce Lee
HSC
THANK GOD!!!!!!!!! I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE!!

yay. We can be insane losers together!

J

jhakka

There's this weird method that I think some Inca monks used to use... Get off your arse and do your work.

Meh, I have procrastination issues too.

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
I have that problem... the trick is to try and balance

Say to yourself "OK I'm gonna go watch TV/chat for an hour, so I will make UP for it with an HOUR OF STUDY"

I also find I tend to work well under pressure... so tell your parents to nag or something. Annoying, but works wonders

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
yup, at the beginning of every year since year8, i've promised myself that i will work harder than the year before and not bludge etc etc... never happened :p

i agree with bbd, i work extremely well under pressure. eg, if my 2000word essay is due tomorrow then i'd still be bludging til at least the arvo -__- though what nancy said about balancing things out, that never works for me coz i end up staying on the computer and never getting around to doing the work :p

i find that if you go to the library with friends that actually STUDY... that helps too.

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
Refer to my signature :)

Yes, I procrastinate like crazy. I've it so many times i've actually become good at it. As in, I can cram a whole semester of uni study in 1 week :D

But I found to reduce procrastination is best to go to library with a few other friends that are willing to study as well and do your own self study....

edit:eek:mg...bubz said the same thing :D

Lundy

Banned
HSC
From my experience, once a procrastinator, always a procrastinator. Deal with it. Just as long as you get the work done in the end.

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
bubz :D said:
i agree with bbd, i work extremely well under pressure. eg, if my 2000word essay is due tomorrow then i'd still be bludging til at least the arvo
yep..sounds like me...unfortunately :( I bludge past the arvo and into the night...when desperation sets in, that's the time i drag the books out lol

Wait...im doing that right now...I have my trial tomorrow and I've been home for 2 hrs...hmm might take jhakka's advice :p

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Ive been procrastinating about whether to go to sleep, amongst the meaning of life and other sordid philosophy questions *DAMN UNI* for a while now :|

Ziff

HSC
N/A
I Have A Promasturbation Problem

Everyone Masturbate!!!

capsicum

HSC
Yeah, I think everyone has some procrastination issue, some more affected than others (like me!!). I think procrastination is the easy way out of doing something that induces pain or unhappiness.
Does anyone have any methods of getting over this issue?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)