• Caring for the country

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Your option

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters

addict

'Specal' Member
HSC
ok, i was just wondering what topic people are having the most trouble with... n maybe you could say what part of it...we need some helping each other out happening here. im sure that although many of us are doing pretty well in this, there will be weak spots for all of us so yeah...

Egghead

HSC
Tectonic Impacts, I can't seem to take any of it in and there's so many more terms you have to learn than any other topic.. Most of the others are easy to figure out with some common sense..

Pity this forum is dead as it's not a popular subject...

yulia

i'm sorry for your face.
HSC
Tectonic Impacts is a pain in the arse. So many stupid rock types I have to remember from different areas and arrrrrrrrgh. I know NOTHING from this topic other than..basaltic volcanos aren't explosive..I think. Omg. Now I see why my first Earth science teacher skipped this topic and went onto Caring for the Country while he still had us...
But I am getting there...slowly...
But I really wish I hadn't taken this subject.

midnight

we used to be friends
HSC
Environments Through Time is getting me. I don't think it's any more difficult than the other topics, just more to remember; and I never really know how much detail I should be going into, some of it overlaps with Biology.
That said I'm only just starting my summaries, beginning with Tectonic Impacts, so I'm sure I'll run into more problems along the way. :)

If you're having trouble with the rock types: the way I find easy is to draw up a table with the types of boundaries, type of magma, lava, and then an example. And anything else you might want to remember in relation to it could go in there too. At least that way it's all in the one box, together, so you know where to look when you're trying to study. Or maybe I just like tables?

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Hey guys, i did ees last yr ... and i am sorry that i haven't done my notes ... i have been so busy with uni but i can help anyway.

I found tectonic impacts and environments through time to be the easiest cause thats what i was interested in. However i also found that caring for the country and introduced species were easy cause they related to each other.

dawso

needmorecustomstatusspace
HSC
evening peoples,
i reckon tectonic impacts is a biatch, all the rocks formed at what types of plate boundaries are shit, all the rest is pretty easy but. How much have other people done and how much to go? we have finished all topics and now on2 intro species which our teacher reckons we can finish off in next couple of weeks. We got trials weeks 3+4 but, gotta study, comin second by 0.34%, lol, tough race at the top but i gotta beat him. Anyway, have fun
-dawso

addict

'Specal' Member
HSC
oh, i dont have my notes in front of me, but from memoery, with TT my cless found it easier to remember things by relating it all to food :p like, ocean crust is mudcake, continental crust is spongecake...and had diagrams of all the plate boundries all around our lab and over many pages of our books until they were almost picture perfect in our minds, just to remember the names n stuff of everything comes to you fairly easily from that. and like midnight suggested, tables tend to be a good way of remembering the info as well, cos there is so much of it to just memorise, tables put a visual in your mind to get the info out of. my trial for earth is on the 6th, so by wed of mid thurs i will have everything that i've done quite consolidated...so my plan goes so i can be of more help then...hopefully, haha.
good luck everyone!!!

Danoz The Great

HSC
Tectonic Impacts is really hard
I cannot understand the conservative etc plate boundaries, they are so weird

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)