problems with the new unsw medicine program (1 Viewer)

sikeveo

back after sem2
HSC
i hear people talking about the problems of the new unsw mbbs program, yet i have no idea what they are, or whether they are bs. Anyone care to enlighten me?

thanks

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
I am guessing:
not enough basic science
too fruity/touchy feely..
too much independent learning..

but i dunno?

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
Too much communication and lack of science. Hence science students kick medical students' arses.

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
do u kno ure better? or do u just have an ego?

on a plus note.. at least we appear to be human :)

and to counter your argument :
"Too much communication and lack of science. Hence science students kick medical students' arses."

if you did not know science and you were a science student.. wouldn't that make you completly useless?

Survivor39

Premium Member
HSC
lol I knew I was going to get a response from you. Point, can you take it easy and stop being so defensive.. :D You're turning into a med version of nastar.

Did you really think I was being serious? :rolleyes:

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
i figured u werent :p

also if i thought u were then id prolly use a better argument :p

mervvyn

Marshm'ello
Somewhere over the rainbow... yes, that rainbow.
HSC
its not terrible or anything, but it definitely does have less basic and not so basic science in it, particularly compared to the old course. the main gripe that i can think of apart from inconsistent quality of clincal/communications teaching is that the faculty expects students to learn far more independently than before, but with relatively little structured direction as to how this might occur. there are quite a few good ideas behind the new course but their implentation so far is still being finetuned by student feedback - yay from the guneapig brigade i say!
Seriously though - it's nowhere near as bad as some people make it out to be. i've enjoyed it so far and i'm finally beginning to feel like i know stuff - not a lot, but an increasing amount; it just sort of sneaks in rather than being taught didactically. the course will get better as well by next year now that people are getting the gist of how to teach (and learn) in it.

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
yeah but its lik tat at all unis..

just UNSW was the most recent to do it..

newcastle would have ironned as many kinks out as possible..as it predates most medschool by up to 5-6 yrs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)