Problems with sharemate (1 Viewer)

Trentyboi

HSC
Before my sharemate moved in, she had some storage here for a month or so. She told us it would be here for a week or two before she finds someone to tell it to.

Weeks passed, and then a month or so, and she moved in. Remembering that she is a friend of the person whom is renting out the apartment (who is my girlfriend).

A month or so after she moved in, they're still here! On the balcony, which I later found out is agaisnt body corporate bi-laws. To have storage on the balcony. I said it would be removed as soon as possible, because I was the only one home during the inspection.

Then, it's been another 2 or 3 weeks since the inspection, and I told her that it needed to be gone before this Saturday, as the rentor would be coming back from her holiday in Japan and I don't want there to be any problems to come back to. She promised me it would be gone by Friday and that a friend could store them, tonight I just had an argument with her when I found out that they wouldn't be gone.

She's being uptight and won't sell the mattresses (which is the storage) for cheap, even though it's been months without them being sold. So my girlfriend will come home on Saturday to the problem.

I knew this, so I decided I would have to be firm with this. After going around and around in circles, she seems to think she has the 'right' to store them in her bedroom, as she pays rent and is thus 'responsible' for her room. I told her that was bullshit, as she has entered no contract with my girlfriend, and that my girlfriend's signature is the only one on the contract, and thus she is the only one responsible for the entireity of the apartment.

If there was an inspection and they see these massive mattresses (can't find under her bed as it's already full of shit, and other stuff is all over the floor as she doesn't have enough room), then my girlfriend will get into shit! I don't think that they would be happy with excessive storage in a room that isn't even really a bedroom. It's kind of a study, and isn't fully enclosed (in regards to walls)

The only problem is, my girlfriend is really a kind girl. She is too kind, and has a problem with saying 'no'. That's another reason I can step in. If I can prove to my girlfriend that she could be in genuine trouble, even if the mattresses are stored in the girl's bedroom, then she will have no choice but to force the issue and thus the removal of the mattresses.

Please help, I tried to be as civil as possible for as long as I could. Tonight it was just too much, and STILL it hasn't been resolved.

Boxes

Banned
HSC
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you're now legally entitled to all your friend's shit.

runoutofsleep

AUTISM IS NOT HOLLAND
HSC
what an uptight unreasonable bitch wanting to store her own property in her own room

Trentyboi

HSC
what an uptight unreasonable bitch wanting to store her own property in her own room
You don't know the 'size' of this room. We are living in an apartment complex, and our managers are quite strict.

I believe, legally speaking you are only allowed to many diametres of space per room full of storage.

I would take a photo of the 'room' (can't really call it a room) to prove it's smallness, but I don't really want to invade privacy. She doesn't even have a wardrobe. That's how small it is.

MonkEE

HSC
N/A
It seems she needs some help getting her life together. Many people out there need help. Everyone has problem and would appreciate a hand.

How about you help her get rid of the matress? Just tell her to throw it away ffs. Who on earth would buy a second hand matress. Get real...people in the shops have trouble selling new ones. Buy a new one or something. Spend a few hundred and get the problem out of the way.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)