Problems finding Board Docs regarding E2 (1 Viewer)

MichaelRoberts

HSC
Hello Folks,
Hope you're major works are going well!

My teacher went to the Carlingford day (unfortunately I didnt go, because they cancelled the multimedia component!... it sounds great!)

My teacher stressed the point that requirements for multimedia has changed, and that I needed to check this out on the BOS website. However, I can't seem to find it on the site anywhere. I've looked under all the syllabuses etc and I cant find it... and I'm sure you've realised it's VERY hard to find things sometimes.

So if anyone knows (or can link) to where I can get the requirements for Multimedia for E2 and the rubics regarding the course, that would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks alot

Michael Roberts:)

HSC
N/A
Did you actually download the EE2 syllabus and check it over for any written-in updates? I've seen it done like that once before...

Failing that, write a letter to them. No guarentees you'll get a response but if they're not putting the information on the website for HSC students to download, then they deserve to have their mailbox bombarded ;)

pungemo

HSC
While I couldn't actually find the EE2 syllabys despite finding it before, I did find marker's notes from 2004 that may provide some outline to what you should be aiming for.

http://www.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au/hsc_exams/hsc2004exams/pdf_doc/english_ext2_er_04.pdf

The information your after is in the chapter 'The Visual Medium" then scroll down past video and film to Multimedia.

Hope it helps but it would definately be better to have the actual guidelines.

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
The Board also releases bullitens of sorts that detail exactly what they're updating in the syllabus - you could try searching through those in the site, though I warn you it may take a while.

MichaelRoberts

HSC
Thanks guys for your advice.:)

The only copy of the syllabus I have is the one that came out in 2001, photocopied from my school's hard copy version.
At the advice of my great teacher, who realised I was quite fustrated after searching for a few hours with no result, I rang the board. The person in the English department seemed to understand my problems and said I wasnt the only one. She is sending me the most reccent copy through snail mail. I'll make sure I'll post any changes I see here. I'm concerned for other E2 students, just using what their teacher gave them, only to find it's different with new updates, and particulars are so important for a major-work based subject.

She then asked if she could transfer me to the website department (or whatever she called it) and so I told them how fustrating it was, and how I hardly needed any more stress a week out from my exams!

Their response: It can be only done the way the syllabus is constructed, so it cant be separated from the English syllabus, which I think was a crock, but they said they are working on improving the website, and placing pages with all the board docos for each subject... FINALLY!

Mike

pungemo

HSC
Good news, although probably too late to be of any assistance for us. I'm glad that my teacher is on-the-ball and has a few contacts inside the board, made getting my medium approved alot easier. The rules for this medium are going to be interesting though, half-way between multimedia and film with a great deal of randomness chucked in for good measure.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)