Problems:Contacting Arts faculty/Application questions (1 Viewer)

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Ok, here's the deal:
I have three important questions I need answered and I've contacted the arts office 3 times, the arts enquiries line 5 times and the usyd operator thingo twice - each time I've been either relegated to an answering machine on which I've left messages that never get responded to or I've been put on hold for up to ten minutes and then relegated to an answering machine. I've also been to the USYD arts office but no one was there, I've also e-mailed them and gotten nothing in reply.

So I was wondering if some excruciatingly wonderful person would be kind enough to tell me either an alternative and sure fire method of contacting them before the end of friday OR the answer to the following questions:

1. How is the Diploma of Arts provided for under HECS if you are an undergrad student from another university [i.e is it HECS or FEE for me?] and;
2. The application details that a requirement of a succesful application is University of Sydney departmental approval, what is this precisely and how would I go about obtaining it? [I'm looking to do English subjects if that is at all relevant?]
3. With whom must I discuss the issue of advanced standing? [i.e I want to start of with some second year subjects in the Diploma on the basis that I've met the first year objectives already]

I'm really ripping my hair out over this - is the USYD Arts faculty usually this impossible?!

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
Being the Arts Faculty they are incredibly lazy. The office closes at 4pm so my guess is you showed up after that.

Its best to go there directly - technology makes it too easy to ignore people.

I hope you went to the office on the bottom level as well?

Failing this, contact the English Department directly, often the Faculty offices are hopeless. I went to the Econ & Business one 3 times, getting increasingly confused each time and in the end just gave up because every time you go they tell you different things.

KeypadSDM

B4nn3d
HSC
To be fair, every faculty is lazy. They're pretty much guaranteed an inflow of students every year, so what's the point in caring about you?

giddycat88

HSC
N/A
It's true. I was at Eco & Bus today, had like 10 people waiting in line, and only 1 person was staffing on the front desk there.

USyd admin... they really just don't care about us.... :(

EDIT: I dunno anything about the Arts faculty... sorry. :(

stazi

Nightman
HSC
kami said:
Ok, here's the deal:
I have three important questions I need answered and I've contacted the arts office 3 times, the arts enquiries line 5 times and the usyd operator thingo twice - each time I've been either relegated to an answering machine on which I've left messages that never get responded to or I've been put on hold for up to ten minutes and then relegated to an answering machine. I've also been to the USYD arts office but no one was there, I've also e-mailed them and gotten nothing in reply.

So I was wondering if some excruciatingly wonderful person would be kind enough to tell me either an alternative and sure fire method of contacting them before the end of friday OR the answer to the following questions:

I'm really ripping my hair out over this - is the USYD Arts faculty usually this impossible?!
Hey! It's waf's girlfriend! How are you.

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Ok, here is an update to the situation:
I went to the arts faculty office, stood in a line and got my questions answered and for the last one they reffered me to the English dept. So I went to the Wooley building and talked to the lady there and the two people I need to see from that dept. won't be available till Monday. Except the deadline has already passed...le sigh

stazi said:
Hey! It's waf's girlfriend! How are you.
How come I wasn't notified of this?:eek:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)