Problem with flashget (1 Viewer)

Suvat

part timer
HSC
N/A
Hey guys, I got a problem with the flashget download manager...
I was about 70mb into a 130 mb file using flashget last night, paused the download and went to sleep
When I tried to resume the download, flashget cannot connect to the site and displays the following error msg:

Fri Dec 05 18:00:08 2003 Error occured! Socket Error=10060 Connection refused. Please read user manual for more information.

However I know the site is not down as when I try to download with my browser it works. I do not use a proxy and all firewalls are off. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Huy

HSC
N/A
Maybe you hammered the site and it banned you (temporarily or permanently). Maybe you're only allowed to be connected once, instead of using a download 'accelerator' (and manager) to continuously connect to the site. I would recommend that you decrease the number of jets or streams and keep it to one, if not two streams. You could have been prevented from downloading the file because of too many connections to the one site, obtaining the one file (simultaneous connections to the site, hammering it).

Suvat

part timer
HSC
N/A
Flashget worked before on the site and I know I haven't been banned cuz browser download still works. I am only using one jet but even that one jet doesn't connect

As to the link to the file its legality is questionable and I don't want to put bos in any uncomfortable situations ;)

Suvat

part timer
HSC
N/A
On another note if flashget never works again is there any way of 'rescuing' the 70mb already downloaded so I don't have to download it again (I'm pushing my monthly download limit to the edge)

Huy

HSC
N/A
On another note if flashget never works again is there any way of 'rescuing' the 70mb already downloaded so I don't have to download it again (I'm pushing my monthly download limit to the edge)
It depends on the file. I would say that the prospect of you recoverying/rescuing the file is quite low, because it's incomplete. You'll probably have to re-download the file in one straight 'hit', because you wouldn't be able to use the partially completed files which FlashGet creates (if I recall correctly) for anything else, unless the download is finished via FlashGet.

Suvat

part timer
HSC
N/A
So what are the possible avenues of recovering/rescuing the file?

Huy

HSC
N/A
There are none, AFAIK with FlashGet. It's like trying to recover files from BT or any other multi-threaded downloader. You cannot recover (or partially recover) a file, assuming it is one large file, if it is incomplete. I use to use GetRight and it has never failed me, while I was on dial-up. Nowadays everything I get is from a reliable source and doesn't fail me. As far as recovering your file is concerned, I highly doubt that you'll be able to take anything away with you, because of the nature of the downloading app.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)