Probability (1 Viewer)

nick1048

Mè çHöP ŸèW
The Mat®ix Ordinates: Sector 1-337- Statu
HSC
Hey all, this may seem simple but I want some accurate results cause it's kinda of important.

Ok. I'm making a poker machine using visual basic 6 and the layout and commands are fine, along with the spinning images for the reels, however I'm having a problem with calculating some probabilities to make a payout table.
I have 6 images appearing at random on a 3 x 3 slot machine, therefore I have 9 possible squares where 6 possible images can appear. These images can repeat themselves and do not have to appear in any order, however I have made it so some images are more common than others.

There are 31 possible combinations on any one square

10 x hats symbol
8 x guns symbol
6 x money symbol
4 x horseshoe symbol
2 x sherifs star symbol
1 x Lucky 7 symbol

Making the maximum of 31.

I would like to know the maximum number of possible combinations on the 3 x 3 square, which is the first problem.

The second problem is how can I make winnings, must I seperate the lines into 3 different sets of 1 x 3 squares instead of a whole 3 x 3... If anyone can answer the first question of the maximum probability with working out or calculation of how they did it, that would be more than enough. I will work out the rest. Thanks guys for your assistance :D

Kulazzi

HSC
This is for software right? I do software as well and have no idea what ur going on abt (ur probably an advanced user cos I'm a beginner :rolleyes: )

I think this is best if in the software forum :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)