Private teachers salaries (1 Viewer)

L'Encre.Marron.

HSC
hey, perhaps you would know the answer since you're the education forum...

a few months ago there were some news reports about some sort of official major increase / overhaul in private schools (non catholic) teachers' salaries. do you guys know any details about this?

thanks

rific

HSC
The tricky thing with this is that the private system is just that, private. Depending on the school you sign with, you can have access to any number of agreement packages, all in line with the new award you heard about, but some exceeding that quite generously. International schools, now they're the way to go if you want money.

melhoneybee

HSC
N/A
the elite private schools (independant ones) generally pay more, but expect extras such as compulsory sports training and saturday sport.
CEO schools are on an award that is similar to the state schools

stazi

Nightman
HSC
goosefraba said:
international schools? what are these? (sorry if this is a dumb question!)
...schools that are overseas :p

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Iruka said:
Or it could mean schools in Australia that teach an overseas curriculum (eg, French schools, Japanese schools, The American School). I'm not quite sure which rific actually had in mind.
True. Although I'd imagine there to be a crapload of money in overseas schools (such as British private high schools)

rific

HSC
Oh yeah, I perhaps should have added a few more details...

By international schools, Iruka was correct, I was referring to schools that teach to international standards. Many of these schools don't just focus on one curriculum, such as French or US, and will cater for a variety of educational requirements, many teaching toward the International Baccalaureate as well as, or instead of, say the HSC. I saw one the other day with an opening for a Swahili tutor.

As for overseas schools, yes, there is money in those aswell. The UK equivalents of our private schools do have a few high payers, but there are also other considerations involved.

Pretty much, while money is good in any sector you go into, in any country, no one really gets into teaching for the money. Same as in the primary/secondary thread, you do what feels right for you, so I'll be casual teaching around this year and I'm going to teach/travel the UK and Europe in 2008/9, and probably come back to teach in Sydney schools... or retire and start a new career :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)