Priority Area Questions (1 Viewer)

menofstudy

Retiring Member
HSC
Do you any of you Spinsters know if you can get asked a question on a specific priority area or if you will always be able to choose?

For example, is it likely you will be asked:

"Explain how mental health has affected the Australian population."

or would it be

"Choose ONE priority area and explain how it has affected the Australian population."

Will I or wont I get the luxary of choosing in the exam?

If we will only get asked something like the second question then the answer is yes. If it could be either question then the answer is no.

xXxIchigoxXx

Oh snap!
HSC
I've had quite a few questions that choose between CVD and cancer. You're meant to have learnt the first four:
CVD
Cancer
Mental illness
Diabetes
and briefly know about the others:
Asthma
Injury Prevention
Mental Health
Arthritis and Musculoskeletal Conditions

savio23q

Band
HSC
CVD and cancer are compulsory and they can ask you specifically about them. So everyone must know CVD and cancer. The other two, however, are your choice. I asked my teacher and she said they won't ask you about the other 5 SPECIFICALLY in extended responses, but, they may ask you about any of the 7 in the multiple choice coz under "the health status of Australians" there's the dash that says "major causes of death and illness" which these 7 priority areas fall under.

Main bullet point - know CVD, cancer and two other ones well and have a fair idea of the other 3...just incase. Having said that, I only know CVD and cancer well. Gambling with the HSC ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)