Principals Recommendation (1 Viewer)

k8ie

HSC
hi everyone...i was wondering if you could help me...i just went an saw my careers advisor and she said to me that you need to put armidale as your first choice if you plan on going through with the principals recommendation scheme...would anyone know if this is true...because she failed to tell me this before...so i just want to check with u guys..
thanks

machine169

Anchorman
HSC
The answer is you must have it as your first preference with UAC or QTAC. The following information is from http://study.une.edu.au/pagesection.php3?sectionID=124&p=AOC#entryschemes

SPECIAL ENTRY SCHEMES — OTHER PATHWAYS TO UNE

School/College Recommendation Admission Scheme (SRAS)

To apply through SRAS, you must still be eligible for a UAI, Limited UAI or Tertiary Entrance Score (for NSW TAFE Tertiary Preparation Courses). You will still need to meet any prerequisites for particular courses — you can check these details in the course descriptions.

If you are successful in being offered a place through your SRAS application, you secure your place in the UNE course by having it first on your list of preferences with UAC or QTAC. The University is not permitted to tell a student to put UNE as first preference.

SRAS applications close on 29 September 2006, so ask your careers adviser today for more information on this opportunity.

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
As machine said, you do. You have to put all your SRAS courses as your preferences or you won't be offered entry and if you are given another offer and accept it, you'll lose your SRAS place.

g_dob

HSC
Apparently you don't need to have it as your 1st preference. I rang the UNE Student Centre and a guy told me that it has changed this year... List it 1st or last; it doesnt matter.

BlackDragon

HSC
okay okay, just to clarify. if i select one course for my first preference and my 2nd preference for SRAS and qualify, will i get offers for both?

ObjectsInSpace

The Hammer Is My Penis
HSC
N/A
I can't remember, but I don't think so. If there's something on your preferences higher than your SRAS and you're offered it, you'll lose the SRAS.

Oh yeah, and I guess I better say congratulations to Austin. No-one else could make last year's show win this year's Performance ...

machine169

Anchorman
HSC
Its best to email/ring the UNE student centre about SRAS even if they are not the best. I never got involved with performance went to see a couple, fell asleep. Can't wait to smash duval in soccer this sunday, actualy we will probably lose i think everyone is on prac.

Last edited:

BlackDragon

HSC
ok got it. you use SRAS like applying normally. its just that if you get in through SRAS, your uai doesn't count. (obviously). so if i apply for a different course for my first preference and my 2nd preference is SRAS, i will not get an SRAS offer if i get into the first course. just like the normal preference system. that's why people should apply through both QTAC and UAC to get two first preferences and hence two offers. ;) but if i do not get into the first course i will get a 2nd preference SRAS offer.

Last edited:

machine169

Anchorman
HSC
Sounds good. What courses do yr 12 students have in mind for next year at UNE?

BlackDragon

HSC
i'm looking at international studies, or some kind of teaching degree, philsophy or science or advanced science. lol so i haven't narrowed it down completely yet, but probably international studies.

k8ie

HSC
thanks guys...that was great information...ive put it as my third preference...im planning on doing B IT at Newcastle uni but my back up is armidale B IT/ B teaching

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)