Primary Teaching (1 Viewer)

mishka

HSC
N/A
I've read the threads about Secondary teaching, but which uni do you think is best for primary teaching?? Are there any education uni students who would like to share their experiences??

It would be logical for me to go to UWS Bankstown cos that's the closest, but do you think I'd be better off going to UNSW or the like?? Do they have better job prospects?? I've asked my career adviser and came out still with no idea of what I should do. I've browsed websites, but I think uni students would be better judges...

Any help would be appreciated!!

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
for primary, acu is great! also i think uts and mac would follow.... but this is based on opinion and hearsay so dont take my work for it.

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
ummm unsw doesnt offer primary teaching.. we had a speaker tell us they offer alot of things but not that.. they offer secondary though
to do a bachelor of education (primary) is prolly ur best option.. if you want to teach in a catholic school then your best choice would be ACU strathfield.. they also offer that course at UWS and USYD.
at macquarie you can do a bachelor of education (early childhood) or bachelor of arts/dip ed but they dont actually have primary teaching..
thats just covering the main unis though... hope i kinda helped
also try www.uac.edu.au and click course search (like type education and itll show u all the different unis and uais and fees)
but at the moment i think the courses are limited cuz u search through the mid year application things...

clairegirl

the name's Anne!
HSC
macquarie offers primary teaching,not to undergraduates though... after early childhood i think u do one more year and den yeah POOF primary education degree lol

mishka

HSC
N/A
Thanks for your suggestions!! As you can see, I really have no idea!! I didn't know that UNSW didn't offer Primary Teaching!! Hopefully I'll get even more info at the upcoming careers expo in my area. Thank you all very much!! :D

Princess

HSC
Bachelor of Ed

I go to UWS penrith which is great for amount of pracs but crap organisationally. (if that is even a word- see how well they educate us?).
We don't get a hellava lot of choice in electives and a lot of the units are based at bankstown.
For travel it is convenient but not so good on letting us know about stuff and organising pracs.
hope it helps a little. i can answer q's if u want. I'm in 2nd yr.

mishka

HSC
N/A
Hi Princess,

Thanks for your reply!! How often do you have to go to Bankstown campus?? Can you tell me about some of the topics and electives that are offered??!!
Thanks again!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)