Primary School Teaching (1 Viewer)

Pura

Fond of animals in hats
HSC
I can't find anything about it really.
What UAI do i need to be eligble (Uni. Of Newcastle)?
What's in the course?

A redirection to a site or an explanation would be nice.

PrincessSJ

Work. Inn. Buy Shoes
HSC
What do you want to know about primary teaching in Newcastle??

Apparently the UAI cutoff has dropped significantly this year :( I worked my butt off for the higher one 4 years ago, but thats not the point..

The B Teach/B Arts (Primary) pgm at UNCLE is well rounded and very thorough... umm.. I don't really know what to tell you inless you have specific questions...

PM me if you do..

Also check out the Education sub-forum, you might find what you're looking for in there..

SJ

Pura

Fond of animals in hats
HSC
But that .PDF says that its 86.5 for places like sydney...

So, where can i get a definite :p???

Is UNCLE 66-ish?

Last edited:

rific

HSC
UNCLE B.Teach/Arts is 66.00 this year, less if you pay your own way.

I think all teaching courses dropped a few points this year, I doubt Syd was 80 when I started, just not many dropped as many as UNCLE.

rozymisty

HSC
i had to get an OP 11 to get into QUT's primary teaching degree back in 2002.

I wasted 3 years doing it, and we had shit all prac, 10 days (over 10wks) first year, then nothing 2nd year, and then 4 wks in 3rd year. Got to the 3rd year prac, was meant to be doing with another person, who had to drop out at the last minute as one of her kids was in hospital, and so the school said that I could defer till she could come and do the prac, or go ahead. I said I'll wait.

So we are both told to come to the first day anyway to do some planning, get there, the office pple say the deputy wants to see you, and im like oh fuck. She asks why didnt I start at 8am like everyone else, and i explained everything. Then she told me no start planning, start today. IM like holy shit how am i meant to do that! The teachers didnt give a rats arse about me, and I had no idea what I had to teach them at all. Teacher gives me environment! Hmm BIG field. Turn up the next day wiht some hastily prepared lesson, and even though im told i was teaching a yr 7 class, they had a yr 6 class as well behind the divider, and so i was teaching them as well!

The yr 6s were better behaved than 7s, and the following day hte teacher wasnt there 'sick' or some crap like that. So i had the yr 6 teacher supervising me. I just got to the end of the first wk and said nup thats it, Im been treated like shit so im going to defer the prac till the other girl can do prac with me.

Didnt end up going back and finishing the prac, ended up failing the unit, and that was moment when i decided no, stuff you mum Im going to do nursing. I had wanted to do nursing after yr 12, but mum who was a nurse before i was born said that i wouldnt enjoy cleaning up shit. So in my naivety i agreed and when witih education coz i enjoyed working at a kindy in yr 11 for work experience.

So i wasted 3 years of my life doing a course that isnt relevant to me. I cant control kids, so i dont know why i even went into the course in the first place. OH well shit happens.

PrincessSJ

Work. Inn. Buy Shoes
HSC
Sounds like you didn't really have a nice practicum experience....

In terms of course choice though, isn't that up to you?? Don't let your experience hinder your impression of the entire teaching profession.. we're not all like that

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)