Primary School excursions (1 Viewer)

kow_dude

HSC
Hi.

I am a tutor for primary school kids. I am thinking of rewarding those hardworking kids by taking them to an excursion.

I was wondering if anyone still remember those excursions back in primary where we went to those science/maths amusement exhibitions. Or does anyone have a recommendation of exhibitions designed for kids that are both educational and fun?

Thanks in adv.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
questacon is the only one that immediately comes to mind, i doubt ur up for a canberra trip though :D

um if they're really little kids take them to the zoo or featherdale wildlife park or something, kids always like animals... or if they're older you could take them to the beach or national park or the mountains and do some environmental science stuff with them maybe.

apart from that...um...healthy harold?? lol i know the kinds of exhibitions you're talking about but i totally forget where they are etc.

kow_dude

HSC
Thanks ^CoSMic DoRiS^^ and jemsta for the suggestions. As for Schroedinger, you just have a sick mind :/

kokodamonkey

HSC
we went to japan for a primary school excursion. but i think your not interested in spending that much? We went to milson island, canberra, the snow etc

caseylee

HSC
kow_dude said:
Thanks ^CoSMic DoRiS^^ and jemsta for the suggestions. As for Schroedinger, you just have a sick mind :/
let me know what you end up doing...im curious now

kow_dude

HSC
I'm thinking of taking them to the Sydney Aquarium.

The motivation behind organising an excursion is to teach them hard work/good behaviour = reward. These students come from relatively poor backgrounds whose parents may be pushing their kids too hard on study. I feel sympathetic that they are missing the joys of childhood. So it's just a generosity thing that i don't mind doing.

caseylee

HSC
kow_dude said:

The motivation behind organising an excursion is to teach them hard work/good behaviour = reward. These students come from relatively poor backgrounds whose parents may be pushing their kids too hard on study. I feel sympathetic that they are missing the joys of childhood. So it's just a generosity thing that i don't mind doing.
oh i went there for biology...good choice!!!!

lizziegirl

HSC
N/A
kow_dude said:

good on ya :) my tutor gave me bags of gummy bears for my hard work. i gained 5 kgs in one year

HSC
powerhouse museum is good, sydney aquarium is good also

since you're a tutor, i suppose you're not confined to school days
so in that case go to the aforementioned places during the school holidays because they usually have holiday programs for kiddies

google the places and they usually have schedules so you know the weeks they'll be running..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)