Presidential Election (1 Viewer)

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
US stock market falls 2.5% after Obamas re-election.

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
no it isn't
It is speculative as we cannot for certain say what would have happened had Romney been given the chance to steer America onto the correct path.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
By that logic it's also speculative to say that the stock market would have dropped 5% if Romney had won.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Guys, I'm speculating that if Romney won the moon would've just randomly plummeted into the earth leaving the USA as a giant crater.

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
to be quite honest there is no evidence to suggest that the number of pakistani children who have died as a result of operations in pakistan (particularly drone strikes) is statistically exceptional vis a vis conventional campaigns in Afghanistan, iraq, the former yugoslavia etc

and when you consider that the kids would potentially grow up to be AQ sleeper operatives, its a stroke of genius
Idk man murdering the kids of a supposed ally nation is pretty serious. Also just because the death rate is lower than previous or ongoing encounters doesn't make it negligible.

Then why not just nuke them
you should watch the show 'homeland' you would enjoy it.
I've been told this before, I will look into it.

funkshen

dvds didnt exist in 1991
HSC
N/A
Idk man murdering the kids of a supposed ally nation is pretty serious. Also just because the death rate is lower than previous or ongoing encounters doesn't make it negligible.

Then why not just nuke them.
you have to wonder whether we're really 'murdering the kids' of a supposed ally nation. 'operations in pakistan' is a misleading moniker, if you ask me. the drone strikes in pakistan occur solely in the FATA. obama refused to extend the campaign to northern balochistan, in part because of the vastly different ethno-national implications. the FATA must be considered a feudal backwater, and equating it with conceptions of pakistani national identity and statehood is a mistake. this is really a set of operations targeting a primitive subset of the region's pashto population who give material aid to the taliban and al-qaeada. moreover, at the end of the day, the drone campaign enjoys the explicit consent of pakistani authorities.

and while i endorse the concept of nuking the barbarians into oblivion, it's simply not as cost effective as the drone campaign.

and on the other hand, romney wanted a neo-con revival that would only escalate the scope of US military intervention in the middle east. who the fuck really wants that?

Last edited:

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
you have to wonder whether we're really 'murdering the kids' of a supposed ally nation. 'operations in pakistan' is a misleading moniker, if you ask me. the drone strikes in pakistan occur solely in the FATA. obama refused to extend the campaign to northern balochistan, in part because of the vastly different ethno-national implications. the FATA must be considered a feudal backwater, and equating it with conceptions of pakistani national identity and statehood is a mistake. this is really a set of operations targeting a primitive subset of the region's pashto population who give material aid to the taliban and al-qaeada. moreover, at the end of the day, the drone campaign enjoys the explicit consent of pakistani authorities.
Whether or not the government gives consent for a foreign power to murder kids is irrelevant, although I do understand your point and realise my mistake. I'm just not all that psyched about kids dying, regardless of whether or not they live in feudal backwaters. I can see the reason for such actions, but that doesn't mean that I should condone it.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Is that like the onion on crack?

Or maybe they were just stuffing multiple big, long ballots deep inside eachother's ballot-boxes Who knows?
Hahahahahahahahahahaha Jesus

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)