Presenting your MW (1 Viewer)

Bec-B

HSC
Hey guys,
Well hand in date is getting ever closer, and I thought it was time to start thinking...what exactly is the best way to present our short stories? I've got a few visual elements in my actual story, that intersperse a lot of the happenings, but I was wondering, how exactly do most people hand it up? I guess people would get it bound, huh?
Anyhow was just wondering that, hope everyone's MW's are going well.

starrysky

HSC
^ Shouldn't your teacher be gathering the Major Works of all the EE2 students in your year, and sending them off to get bound in bulk? That's what's happening with my school ... *stares*

RiCkiE

HSC
Hmm our teacher doesn't have that problem because we've only got four people in our entire year doing the course. We started off with ten; it was like the case of the ten little indians.

starrysky

HSC
Ahah. There are only two in my year, me included. Still, it's nice to think of how you'll see your work bound with little plastic rings and suchlike. How's everybody else here presenting their stuff?

ayumidoll

HSC
RiCkiE said:
Hmm our teacher doesn't have that problem because we've only got four people in our entire year doing the course. We started off with ten; it was like the case of the ten little indians.
We have four people at my grade doing the course, but the school binds them for us anyway. We started off with seven, haha.

Handed in my major work this morning. I feel relieved yet depressed at the same time. :( Does anyone share my pain?

ayumidoll

HSC
I keep making grammatical errors when I'm typing. Hmm.

Barely slept these few days. Sighhhh.

How do you feel about your mw?

starrysky

HSC
At least we're guaranteed a good night's sleep from now on. Except for HSC, in which case the liquor store shall be robbed and I shall be found sitting in a padded cell with white clothes on, clutching an eyeless teddy bear.

My Major Work is horrible. Well ... in hindsight, that's how I feel. I read the MW's of others and I can see their themes and concepts represented so precisely, and then mine's just reflective crap. But we'll see how it goes ... I accidentally killed off my main character's father without justification, and I didn't even notice it until an hour after I handed my stuff in. Wail much?

What about you?

ayumidoll

HSC
Erghh I feel the same way. My major work revolves around music, religion and philosophy, but I don't think I delve into philosophy much. A superficial understasnding? I read a few 07 major works and I was blown away by the way they captured every single detail, the 'elusive 3rd dimension.'

In retrospect I feel as though I could improved my story if I spent more time editing. *bawls*

Don't worry, killing off a character without justification might be a dramatic effect. Might seem intentionally ambiguous? Feel better that it's all over - that's what I'm trying to convince myself, haha.

I miss ee2 classes already =(

starrysky

HSC
Same here, same here. *nods in agreement* :( Felt oddly funny to walk home at 3:00 PM today.

How long was your MW in the end?

Jolio

HSC
i did an anthology of poetry for my major, handed it in this morning - feels pretty good now its all done - 1 unit now kablamoed! woot! Hi 5 anyone?

Mine was on the idea of truth in association with religion - went into philosophies - Plato, Derrida - different religions and it was ok.......

ayumidoll

HSC
*hi 5* Haha. I'm not satisfied with my mw though.. quite worrying.

My mw ended up being approx 7500 words in length, but I'm more worried about content than length. Quality over quantity! I extended the ending of my story yesterday so =/ didn't get much feedback about that. Erghh stressing.

doofyduck01

HSC
i wrote a goodbye to my MW journal...very sentimental...i hope the markers read it hehehe, oh god they will think i was on drugs...or delirious from lack of sleep...

a snippet..."your absence will leave a chasm
in
my
very
soul"

hahaha, golly gosh

starrysky

HSC
Eeek, same here. I had two endings and no feedback from teachers so I just picked one and stuck it on the end. O_O

*hi 5's all round*

Did you guys have any change of ideas or anything?

EDIT: ^^^ Lol @ the snippet.

ayumidoll

HSC
Yeah, I had some last minute ideas. Several, actually. I ended up rewriting 1000 words of my major work last night - and no feedback from teachers! Eeeeek.

I'm worried if the markers will be offended by my major work, since I focus on Nietzsche's "God is dead" idea & other pomo theories on truth. It seems that many people explore religion & philosophy though...

IT'S OVER.
Relieved and depressed, I hate this feeling. (emo emo emo, haha)

starrysky

HSC
According to the lecturers at a study day I went to, the markers get to pick out the stuff from genres that they personally like, and then they take on extra's afterwards or something, so perhaps they won't be offended. :)

Ahaha. Emo emo emo. That's hilarious. <3

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)