Present to self - after breakup (1 Viewer)

CieL

HSC
Stevo. said:
So you drive Honda's Camry. Okay. Doesn't even have a V6.
Never really thought of it that way.

The Euro rapes the new Camrys and some of the old V6s. Also has better handling with a stiffer stock suspension, so it can take corners better. I know this because I used to drive the V6 Camry, and I've gone against a friend's 2.4L new Camry.

Having 6 cylinders [in the context of cheapish mid-large passenger cars] don't mean much besides being faster in a straight line. In my experience, on narrow windy roads, large cars with large, heavy engines are less agile and harder to corner at high speeds.

I mean fuck, I dont know, I've only driven about 15 different cars.

SipSip

HSC
N/A
CieL said:
Never really thought of it that way.

The Euro rapes the new Camrys and some of the old V6s. Also has better handling with a stiffer stock suspension, so it can take corners better. I know this because I used to drive the V6 Camry, and I've gone against a friend's 2.4L new Camry.

Having 6 cylinders [in the context of cheapish mid-large passenger cars] don't mean much besides being faster in a straight line. In my experience, on narrow windy roads, large cars with large, heavy engines are less agile and harder to corner at high speeds.

I mean fuck, I dont know, I've only driven about 15 different cars.

agreed...stevo was just trying to disc the euro...

I must say the time when i had the euro...it was a pretty decent car to drive....a lot different from a camry...and the so called V6 in the camry...or even the aurion lacks the performance that honda is able to push from it's engines...

must say however...new photos of the upcoming euro doesn't look as nice

bowman

Bowmanation
HSC
get a datsun 1600 with a sr20 or fj20 in it.....
it will haul ass. oh an take me for a ride in it to

CieL

HSC
SipSip said:
agreed...stevo was just trying to disc the euro...

I must say the time when i had the euro...it was a pretty decent car to drive....a lot different from a camry...and the so called V6 in the camry...or even the aurion lacks the performance that honda is able to push from it's engines...

must say however...new photos of the upcoming euro doesn't look as nice
I don't mind if he disses the Euro. As long as he has a more valid point of view besides saying it doesn't have at least 6 cylinders. Big whoop.

I know it's not the fastest or nicest thing out there, but the car's been awesome to me. Not to mention even the materials used to construct the car is of much higher quality than the shit Toyota uses for its cars.

I didn't mind Steven Thai at one stage, but I'd have to reconsider that.

And yeah, I saw the pictures a few months back too. Disappointed. Even the new Accord looks fug.

New Mazda6 looks good. But would not trade in for decreased performance.

bowman

Bowmanation
HSC
get a fuckin rotor......13b.....ported...oh yeah

F2001

HSC
CieL said:
hahahahahhaahahahhahahahahhhahahah you're so funny and smart! lmao lmao

Are you doing ESL for your HSC?

Nehh.. Never found the 350Z appealing.. it looks alright on paper, but when you see one physically.. it's like a blob.. like an oversized jelly bean..
Besides being wide, it just lacks the aggression that I'd expect from a "sporty" car
Newer motors in 350z are good, there is your aggression :eek:

Last edited:

SipSip

HSC
N/A
Isn't there a new 350Z/370Z that's coming..

Still haven't decided about the car...and getting a bit annoyed at the net budget where the lux car tax is being pushed up....a bit unfair in my opinion...

anyway...a month has past and now to add to the confusion...the 135i doesn't look too bad an option...

Along with a new job = higher pay...

might be able to look at something a little different..

List now:
TT...still the 2.0T....don't like the 3.2
New A4....it's gorgeous in real life...engine options are really poor though...too many TDI
A5 - not the S5...but still beautiful - about 90k drive away...so not too bad...
BMW 135i - worried about the residual...but otherwise, a pretty good drive!
Volvo C70 T5 - I've had a thing for volvos...not sure why but they are nice cars...

but yeah...i all honesty...i think residual value after a few years is an important factor...since that i wouldn't want to lose too much on a car

iEdd

HSC
I don't think you are going to get too much advice on a forum where we are mostly the poor student demographic. :eek:

F2001

HSC
dont buy an audi B8 [besides, you already mentioned the 2.0T isn't coming to Australia yet] new, the resale blows mega. Buy the BMW, if new.

the newer 350z are getting the HR motor, very strong/good.

Last edited:

bowman

Bowmanation
HSC
get a fuckin AE86
oi an put a SR20DET in it.
an take me for a drift

Stevo.

no more talk
HSC
I'd get TT. Or the 135i coupe when it comes out.

How predictable that when someone mentions a Honda, VeeTAK shortly follows, or should I say after that non-turbo turbolag they call VeeTAK.

F2001

HSC
Stevo. said:
I'd get TT. Or the 135i coupe when it comes out.

How predictable that when someone mentions a Honda, VeeTAK shortly follows, or should I say after that non-turbo turbolag they call VeeTAK.
lol?? what lag? It's like a lag of hp, torque is so flat and low. vtec is like... nothing.

2.0T motors, TT 2008 has turbo lag..., can definately feel it from 1200-2500rpm, then you hit some boost. That's why if you want best fuel economy in a FI car, just stay off the boost scope... which is terribly hard to resist.
Launching a turboed/AWD car correctly is just as fun, but kills your standard clutch fast (mine is starting to slip in higher revs)

As I said, if you get a TT, someone like me without a solid job/attending their course already would be able to buy it off you, ie resale of new Audis blow, and I wouldn't get a new model so early without refreshes/updates/facelifts. I'm not sure why you'd go from an S3 to a TT anyway.

If brand new, 135i/335i or any BMW.

CieL

HSC
More like lol what vtec? No-one mentioned vtec?

Besides Sip, what is more important to you? Looks or performance?

SipSip

HSC
N/A
wow....got really good advice here! thanks!

As for the TT....I've driven it for a while and have had the A3 2.0T for a short while as well, and I must say...the turbo lag is very minimal...and can live with it...unlike the bloody T4 volvo i had back in the days...

yeah...i am thinking of leaving the S3 for another car....mainly for a very stupid reason to some of you. But i must say...the extra power they got out from the 2.0T in the S3 is really not that nice and smooth...really need to thrash a bit...

I think right now...performance is important but it's not like i go to track or anything...plus...i'm stuck in the CBD quite a lot so looks is taking a small lead right now.

I do agree with F2001 about the pre-facelift thing...and i think the next thing they'll do with add those nice LED lights up the front...

Resale for the TT won't be that bad...because there are plenty of young wannabes who will be scouting for one in a few years time...really old first gen ones are still going for like 30k+...i'm looking to keep it for like 2 yrs...so as long as i can get back like 40k or so...i'm happy

bowman

Bowmanation
HSC
or get a 55 chev....
blown big block 454 in it.

or or or

get a RX3.
an get the baddest rotor engine u can find an whack it in there.

or or or

get a charger with a fuckoff 427 in it

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
You guys don't know the difference between turbo lag and boost threshold. Turbo lag = lag immediately after you hit throttle, regardless of RPM. Boost threshold is the RPM below which a turbo doesn't produce appreciable boost. Newsflash guys, peaky NA motors have much worse torque curves than turbos.

bowman

Bowmanation
HSC
just get a blown engine.....no need to worry about turbo lag?

Sammy-Blue

HSC
SipSip said:
New A4....it's gorgeous in real life...engine options are really poor though...too many TDI
A5 - not the S5...but still beautiful - about 90k drive away
If you're able to spend that much why not get the A4 3.2 Quattro?

SipSip

HSC
N/A
Sammy-Blue said:
If you're able to spend that much why not get the A4 3.2 Quattro?
Because if I'm gonna spend that much on a car, I don't want people who don't know a thing about cars to think it's no different from a shitty A4 1.8T

Besides...the 3.2 tends to not have as much residual since that people who are in the A4 market don't normally want to spend that much on an Audi...

I'm sleepy...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)