Prescribed readings?? What the?? (1 Viewer)

Jet Girl

Hey, I was just looking on the Board of Studies site at the History Ext. syllabus, and it said something about prescribed readings or something - I have never seen them before!! :(

Do we have to know them, or are they just helpful? If they ask about and of them specifically, I'm screwed!! Oh no!! And the freakin' exam is tomorrow!! Like, we have done heaps of stuff on the historians and their ideologies and methods and stuff, will this still be ok?? Arrggghh!! Freaking out!!!

SamCD

HSC
Prescribed readings is the set of readings issues to you by the Board of Studies

Jet Girl

Dammit! We didn't get those readings, or maybe we did but our teacher just didn't give them to us :mad:

Does it really matter if we don't have them?? :confused:

Zenithliza

Hmm.. that is very odd. Well, it's not a disaster, because they shouldn't refer to them specifically, however markers will probably expect people to include atleast one or two from the booklet. What historians have you studied? They might be from the booklet anyway and then you will be fine.

CalmlyInsane

Yeah you'll be fine

our teacher gave us books, but not any of real relevance.. we have HEAPS of sheets of just crap, that too also has no relevance, now that i think about it,.. what the hell was i thinking continuing on,..

you just need to mention the historian(s), the quote(s), and where it came from...or paraphrase.
you'll be fine

good luck!!!,

p.s. and don't worry what is this like 12 marks out of 100

Arch-man

The prescribed texts should have been the first thing you were given when you started the course. If you don't have them....:(

sif not 99

no hassle u not having them they cant mark u down for not refering to them

i wont be referring to any well in any great detail rather than maybe just some throw away lines here and there but dont worry about it not worth it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)